Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 08:33 AM

425 posts, read 506,530 times

Advertisements

Just FYI for all you folks who enjoy, have enjoyed or could enjoy one day...
The POA has evidently made the decision not renew their lease and has put them on notice to vacate by a certain time. I have heard a few rumors and I can not get reliable details, but Papa Mike's Facebook page is blown up with an out pouring of support. The limited info I can find is the POA Board of Directors initially renewed their lease until December of 2021, however recently decided to terminate it sooner, possibly within the next 30 days (not verified).

Papa Mike's has been a mainstay of Bella Vista for many years, breakfast lunch and dinner. He caters and has been an outstanding member and contributor to the community. He kept his business open and folks employed during the pandemic, offering curb side services and social distanced inside dining. Papa Mike's is THE place to go for down home good cooking and early morning coffee to discuss golf or fishing tales.

The POA owns the current space occupied by Papa Mike's. No doubt the POA wants to use the space for another one of their own restaurants, probably a bar/grill modeled the same as the current BV Bar and Grill at the country club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 09:08 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Man, I don't think I could deal with that BV POA from everything I've heard since I've been in here.

On that note, I've noticed new BV developments springing up over at the tail end of the 549 bypass (west of Highland Blvd). It looks like they're being zoned for Gravette schools rather than Bentonville.......would you know if these developments are still under the authority of the BV POA, vcvs?

Old 02-17-2021, 10:34 AM

231 posts, read 381,216 times
My understanding, Bella Vista address is most likely within the poa.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Man, I don't think I could deal with that BV POA from everything I've heard since I've been in here.

On that note, I've noticed new BV developments springing up over at the tail end of the 549 bypass (west of Highland Blvd). It looks like they're being zoned for Gravette schools rather than Bentonville.......would you know if these developments are still under the authority of the BV POA, vcvs?
As Snaple4 said, most everything in the city of Bella Vista is within the POA control. Pull up google maps and type 'Bella Vista AR'. Google does a good job highlighting the City limits, thus the POA.

With that said, there are a few houses popping up on the West side of the new bypass (West of BV). As well as in Pea Ridge. There are other options if you don't want to be within the POA.

As I have stated before, I do love Bella Vista. I love living here. Love the hills, trees, lakes and trails. And that's why I am so outspoken when the VAST POA starts to act deliberately obtuse!

Old 02-17-2021, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,553 times
Love that word-obtuse.Sure got that guy in the prison movie in trouble though.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnynomore View Post
Love that word-obtuse.Sure got that guy in the prison movie in trouble though.
Shawshank Redemption... And it sure did!

Old 02-19-2021, 06:52 PM

Update... Papa Mike's released a statement on their Facebook page stating the POA has extended their lease until December of 2022. Seems the outpouring of support put a little pressure on the POA and they backed down.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:16 AM

2,713 posts, read 2,212,297 times
Good deal. We ate there one time during one of our trips to BV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers