Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 AM

12 posts, read 19,645 times

Advertisements

So we made it down, the area is prettier than we'd been expecting and a lot more diverse and open than we were expecting. So far we love it. Housing prices are a third of what we're use to.

We've gotten conflicting information on the farmers market. The website says open, Google says closed.

What's the story? Is it only open on saturdays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 11:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseEN View Post
So we made it down, the area is prettier than we'd been expecting and a lot more diverse and open than we were expecting. So far we love it. Housing prices are a third of what we're use to.

We've gotten conflicting information on the farmers market. The website says open, Google says closed.

What's the story? Is it only open on saturdays?
This early in the season it is only open on Saturdays. In past years it's been open two days a week, I think the other day has usually been on Wednesdays. Also, they have music and entertainment most of the time, but because of the pandemic they aren't having that right now. I hope they will add that later this season, because it's part of the fun.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:46 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
I wanted to chime in on the tick issue. Like someone already mentioned, use permethrin on clothes/shoes/tent and picaridin on skin. I'm a bit east of Fayetteville but I live in a very rural area with heavily forested land. I spray around my house, all the shrubs and bushes with permethrin SFR (you can order it) every 6 weeks from April till early October. My dogs and even an outdoor cat have no issues with fleas or ticks. During those months, I don't need to protect myself with the permethrin unless I'm going into tall grass. Tick season is heaviest in the spring, then chiggers eat them all and take over later in summer. (joking about chiggers eating them, but ticks aren't as bad come later in June)

Old 04-08-2021, 10:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
We live near downtown Fayetteville & have never had a problem with ticks in our yard.
When we venture outside of city limits though, we always take precautions.

Skilled trades like carpenters are always in demand though it make take awhile to get established. Demand for restaurant workers at all levels is rising. Be aware that pay level for both fields lags here.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:42 PM

12 posts, read 19,645 times
We spent 10 days or so in Fayetteville before heading back home. Decided that we are going to make the move!

We're trying to get a home loan for a house in the area. We need to have a job offer with a guaranteed full time status in order to qualify. I am probably not going to be able to move there until late May to early June.

Are there any local job postings I should be paying attention to any company recommendations for a jack of all trades type like me?? Indeed only has so much to offer it seems.

Old 07-11-2021, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 3,101 times
I am curious if you folks made the leap and moved to the area. Would love your perspective as newcomers.

I have been researching the area for a bit and I’m considering for myself and young adult daughter who has special needs. I’m self-employed so do not need the job aspect. She is an artist and lives at home.

Old 07-11-2021, 03:45 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom1663 View Post
I am curious if you folks made the leap and moved to the area. Would love your perspective as newcomers.

I have been researching the area for a bit and I’m considering for myself and young adult daughter who has special needs. I’m self-employed so do not need the job aspect. She is an artist and lives at home.
It would depend on which special needs she has.

While you may get general answers here, you really need to look at the community of people with similar needs. For instance, I go to Baxter County all the time, and while they have a ton of doctors and the best of hospitals, I notice almost all of the businesses are way behind on catering to the geriatric crowd that they have been trying to get to move there (they want to be a retirement destination).

Generally, the blind know the best places to move to if you are blind, and the wheel chair bound know who has adapted their sidewalks and doors the best. Those with service animals know who has the best veterinary care. etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers