Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,570 times

Advertisements

Hey all.

I have a question about relocating to Springdale. My husband will be working in Fayetteville, but it's too expensive there. So, we are looking into Springdale. We've noticed it's more affordable, but is there a reason for this? Are there POA or HOA fees associated with the subdivisions? How is the city for a young family? Would you recommend living there? If not, where's an ideal (affordable) location near Fayetteville? Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 12:44 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
There are some bad neighborhoods in Springdale. Areas around Fayetteville that are less expensive would be Elkins, Farmington, Johnson.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Some subdivisions have POA fees, others don't. You would need to ask the realtor when you are looking at homes. There are some very nice neighborhoods in Springdale, but the general sense is that it is not as upscale as Fayetteville. Fayetteville offers more entertainment venues, more options for eating out, more shopping than Springdale, in part because it is the county seat, in part because of the University, in part because it is a larger community than Springdale and pretty much always has been. There are numerous communities in the area with lower housing costs. You need to simply prioritize your needs and wants, then communicate your priorities to your realtor, and he/she will be able to make better recommendations than we on this forum can.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 PM

529 posts, read 1,651,065 times
The schools are supposed to be better in Fayetteville and the city of Fayetteville has better overall community feel compared to Springdale. Springdale also seems to be a very segregated city compared to Fayetteville. Housing in west Fayetteville tends to be cheaper than the rest of town.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:52 PM

165 posts, read 548,539 times
Springdale is cheaper for a reason. Live in Fayetteville, it's not really that expensive in a lot of places. Like bagelw said, housing in west Fayetteville is cheaper, but it's not a bad part of town or anything, just newer. I actually paid less for rent in Fayetteville than I did in Springdale.

Also, I didn't have neighbors who somehow fit 12 people in a one bedroom apartment in Fayetteville. Nor did I have multiple things stolen and witness several drug deals in Fayetteville. Springdale = not very safe (and that's saying something, since I live in memphis now).

Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug35 View Post
Springdale is cheaper for a reason. Live in Fayetteville, it's not really that expensive in a lot of places. Like bagelw said, housing in west Fayetteville is cheaper, but it's not a bad part of town or anything, just newer. I actually paid less for rent in Fayetteville than I did in Springdale.

Also, I didn't have neighbors who somehow fit 12 people in a one bedroom apartment in Fayetteville. Nor did I have multiple things stolen and witness several drug deals in Fayetteville. Springdale = not very safe (and that's saying something, since I live in memphis now).
I love Fayetteville but witnessed a DEA raid over by 12th in 1997, wasn't very happy about it because I was babysitting some kids in my yard and the DEA in labled jackets drove up next to my yard and went after people in the apt bldg next to mine. There were people going out the windows all over that building and escaping into the woods. I moved right after that.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 AM

730 posts, read 2,254,337 times
I have a young family and I would live in either city. We looked at houses in both places, but ended up buying a home in West Fayetteville. You have to be more selective in Springdale, but there are still great neighborhoods to be found.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:40 AM

165 posts, read 548,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I love Fayetteville but witnessed a DEA raid over by 12th in 1997, wasn't very happy about it because I was babysitting some kids in my yard and the DEA in labled jackets drove up next to my yard and went after people in the apt bldg next to mine. There were people going out the windows all over that building and escaping into the woods. I moved right after that.
I'd rather see a DEA raid though than think every night "Man, I wish the DEA would bust these people."

Old 02-20-2010, 05:45 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug35 View Post
I'd rather see a DEA raid though than think every night "Man, I wish the DEA would bust these people."
Yeah, I was just worried about the kids I was watching with all the people on the run from the armed federal agents, but it was ok. Just kind of startling to be going about your business and then have that happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers