Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:06 PM

43 posts, read 298,033 times

Advertisements

I found myself in disbelief reading this. TUBA CITY? KAYENTA?! Holy cow!
When the people above say there is nothing there, they are exagerating. There is less than nothing there. If you are anglo, be prepared for an unheard of dose of prejudice and poverty on a level that simply does not exist in France. Best of luck, sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstree View Post
I found myself in disbelief reading this. TUBA CITY? KAYENTA?! Holy cow!
When the people above say there is nothing there, they are exagerating. There is less than nothing there. If you are anglo, be prepared for an unheard of dose of prejudice and poverty on a level that simply does not exist in France. Best of luck, sport.
the Frenchman never came back after making this post. Maybe he's not so totally French after all.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:17 PM

6 posts, read 25,763 times
Default The frenchman is back !

Thank you for all the replies really.

They made me laugh very hard. It is funny to see how people see France and the frenchies (especially me) from their own place. Culture is totaly different and there is good and bad in the 2 countries, in all countries in fact.

Another point is that even with my awfull english everybody has understood me then why not the indian ?

Sorry to came back such late so I have too many things to tell but I will try to be simple.

Sure I can surprise people by this kind of whish but I have lived for 30 y in Paris suburb (thankfully not the 93 but you have bad areas everywhere) I'm living in Normandie since 15 y (in a 250 people small town) and still working at Paris until the middle of next year. Believe me I know what I will leave (don't reply not what I will find)

First of all my wife is from Utah and then I have visited the south of this state until Page. After, we have planned to come back in the state I want to live in the southeastern of Utah for my retirement (I, she likes France even if she doesn't speak one bit of it and would prefer to stay here but I love her, your country, above all this part of).

In addition she is a nurse and told me that she can work for the government in the indian rez (she did 20 years ago) and let us keep the house we have in France.

I'm not looking to get lot of money, have gulf party in a very green soft grass even not said that I will stay in this city I'm not native and then can't buy any land or house.
Just work for some years and go back to the south of Utah.

But another reason is that I love indian people and their culture, don't care if people will not speak french, have hard time to understand me, I'm the foreigner I will have to progress in my english.

Now some quick personal replies.

dineyazzi : thank you for your encouragements I didn't have a lot. I think I know where I will go to live (I will go to TC next March to prepare our coming

Steve97415 : you speak a perfect french then come here to inprove it again

shanenlori : don't worry I didn't feel offended at all, I know what kind of people are rude and even if I wanted to cut off with the civilization it's stick to me... TC has Internet and cable TV

Southside Shrek : did you see the movie saw ? I'm the weird man

Thanks again to all again

Old 10-12-2006, 08:41 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,909 times
Ollie
You will be the first documented Frenchman ever to live among the Navajos in Tuba City.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 10-12-2006 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Smile Wind talkers

No I'm sure that after the WW2 some Navaho brought back some frenchies with them.
The code might be knew

Old 10-22-2006, 12:20 PM

182 posts, read 811,359 times
Funny, ollie, I am an american with french ancestry, I am also an artist. Have visited France several times and each time had a wonderful time. if I could afford it, I'd move there..... you sound like you are open minded and accepting. I think you will do fine no matter where you end up. If your wife is a nurse, she can find a job ANYWHERE in the states, there is such a shortage right now. Good Luck!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 AM

13 posts, read 24,241 times
Default Beauty Way

Ollie,

I am with Dineyazzie. If you feel some type of inner stirring to experience the Rez, then by all means visit. I am a caucasian who speaks Navajo and was embraced by a Dine family. I understand why the Navajo Way is called the Beauty Way.

Visit Arizona! The Rez is a country all to itself. Be patient and respectful.

It is a shame how close minded so many people are these days.

Blessings.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Hello GreatLakes,

It's exactly what I have plan to do for the next july. I don't care about the close minds just about the building thoughts. I have tried to start learning Navajo and admit that it is not an easy language but have got time, life.
I have an hight opinion about this people

I'm sure that there is something amazing places there and can't wait to see them soon now.

Thanks for your comment. .

Regards

Ollie

Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM

13 posts, read 24,241 times
Default Flagstaff

Ollie,

You are welcome. There is so much to experience in life!

If you are concerned about jobs or where to live, maybe think about living in Flagstaff.

From, GreatLakes

Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,772 times
It sounds like the perfect place to live for the right person. Lots of people can't understand. I think that a lot more than that envy you though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona