Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 11,444 times

Advertisements

Hi! My hubby and I will be in Sedona for 3 nights at the end of April/beginning of May and are looking at options for where to stay. I think we have it narrowed down to Los Abrigados; Kings Ransom Hotel; Sky Ranch Lodge; or Bell Rock Inn. We want somewhere clean and comfortable with a pool/hot tub, and access to hiking/biking trails would be great. Yoga also a plus. The outdoor grounds and views are definitely much more important to us than the actual rooms themselves, as we don't plan to do much besides sleep there anyway! Any advice/opinions you could give on these places or others that would be comparable would be great- pros/cons, location, etc. THANK YOU in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM

138 posts, read 389,763 times
Sky Ranch is nice but you have to deal with constant traffic going up to the airport due to the lookouts on the mesa. That said, I stayed there for 2 weeks prior to moving to the area and was pretty happy there. The heated pool is open late and the views are great. Also, there is access to the trail that goes around the airport mesa. This trail connects to many other trails in the area.

I can't comment on the other places, except to say the views in the area are good from pretty much anywhere.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,272,457 times
I'd pick one of these: Los Abrigados; Kings Ransom Hotel; Sky Ranch Lodge. If you stay at Kings Ransom be sure to get a room away from the garbage dumpsters as they are enptied at around 2 or 3 am and it's LOUD!

PS Kings Ransom has the best restaurant in Sedona.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 PM

3,619 posts, read 7,985,016 times
> PS Kings Ransom has the best restaurant in Sedona.

not so loud

(line up early)

Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 PM

16 posts, read 53,457 times
Make sure to drive the 89A between Flagstaff and Sedona, most beautiful drive in Arizona.

As to your original post, look into the cabins in Oak Creek Canyon.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogCharlie View Post
Make sure to drive the 89A between Flagstaff and Sedona, most beautiful drive in Arizona.

As to your original post, look into the cabins in Oak Creek Canyon.
I second that! Unless there's snow of course, then don't even think about it.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
> PS Kings Ransom has the best restaurant in Sedona.

not so loud

(line up early)
Sorry I shouldn't share our secrets !

I think the cat's already out of the bag though. You do have to be in line at 10 to 5 to get a table without and hour or more wait these days .

Old 03-17-2012, 09:42 AM

370 posts, read 1,570,023 times
I would point out that Bell Rock Inn is actually in the Village of Oak Creek - which is not Sedona, but part of a lovely drive into Sedona. Los Abrigados and Bell Rock are both part of recent additions to a timeshare company. Bell Rock previously an "inn". Los Abrigados has lovely grounds and is a short walk into the artist village (which I never try to spell - it starts with a T) and close by Oak Creek. There are trails all over so any of these would be ok for hiking. Yes, the Elote is the most touted eatery (Mexican flavor) but there are several other VERY nice places. A quick look at Tripadvisor will categorize them. We always visit the CoffeePot for breakfast and order a sandwich from Sedona Memories. I was surprised to see the Enchantment is way down the list - it might be because of the remodeling. They have a nice patio area and their brunch was generally pretty good (a little too expensive, maybe). I see good ratings for a Senor Bob's Hot dogs - hmm, haven't been there yet!?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM

277 posts, read 438,773 times
There are a few B & Bs up in Oak Creek Canyon ... quieter than Sedona
Enchantment up Dry Creek Road a ways out of town is nice too

Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,696,366 times
Sedona Resort Red Agave Nice grounds with access to a trailhead. In VOC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona