Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 12,507 times

Advertisements

Whats the best way to get there? the best airport to land into?

Also is Mountain Valley in Utah far from Flagstaff?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM

24,585 posts, read 26,142,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoracle View Post
Whats the best way to get there? the best airport to land into?

Also is Mountain Valley in Utah far from Flagstaff?

thanks
Might look at Denver and commuter to Durango then rent a car

or

Phoenix and commuter to Flagstaff then rent a car.

or

Albuquerque and rent a car.

If it's the Mountain Valley (by Salt Lake) in UT that I'm thinking about, it's a tad over 9 hrs by car from Flag.

Others may have better options.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,275,803 times
Best can be a difficult to describe - closer may cost more and have less flight flexibility

Flagstaff & Durango are about the same distance from it ... Abq a touch longer

I agree that the only Mountain Valley I can think of is near SLC and that's a trek and I don't think much of a tourist destination

Maybe thinking of Monument Valley? - if so that's about 3 hours from Flagstaff and about 2 and a half from Canyon de Chelly

Old 07-02-2012, 05:46 PM

24,585 posts, read 26,142,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Best can be a difficult to describe - closer may cost more and have less flight flexibility

Flagstaff & Durango are about the same distance from it ... Abq a touch longer

I agree that the only Mountain Valley I can think of is near SLC and that's a trek and I don't think much of a tourist destination

Maybe thinking of Monument Valley? - if so that's about 3 hours from Flagstaff and about 2 and a half from Canyon de Chelly

Old 08-26-2012, 08:59 PM

157 posts, read 571,537 times
Sorry, I missed this thread. The Page Airport is the location to fly into Canyon De Chelly. Check for flights from Denver or Phoenix.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:11 PM

5 posts, read 16,597 times
If you're going to Canyon de Chelly, definitely rent a 4x4 and hire a Navajo guide to take you through the riverbed "tour" - well worth it, because they'll often take you to many of petroglyphs and old dwellings/remains that you can't see from the rim looking in. Pretty cheap too (even after a nice tip)!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,493,986 times
I would suggest leaving nothing zero zippo in your vehicle and leave the doors unlocked as well to prevent damage when it gets broken into.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,181,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
I would suggest leaving nothing zero zippo in your vehicle and leave the doors unlocked as well to prevent damage when it gets broken into.
Would you care to elaborate so people understand your point?

Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,493,986 times
When we were up there a year or so back we were advised of a lot of vehicle break ins while visitors went out on the view point and trails. As they are a small distance from the parking lot and your vehicle is not visible it makes it a prime target.
We observed the local kids hiding out in the nearby brush watching our every move. So we started heading out and I decided to talk a walk back to the vehicle and sure enough there they were looking in the windows of vehicles. Did not catch em in act though.
Never did the park and ride through the bottom canyon so not sure how secure that parking area is.
So yes maybe they have resolved the security issues or not.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,181,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
When we were up there a year or so back we were advised of a lot of vehicle break ins while visitors went out on the view point and trails. As they are a small distance from the parking lot and your vehicle is not visible it makes it a prime target.
We observed the local kids hiding out in the nearby brush watching our every move. So we started heading out and I decided to talk a walk back to the vehicle and sure enough there they were looking in the windows of vehicles. Did not catch em in act though.
Never did the park and ride through the bottom canyon so not sure how secure that parking area is.
So yes maybe they have resolved the security issues or not.
Thanks for the clarification!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona