Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:16 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times

Advertisements

very, very intelligent and savvy report by TVB above.....thanks

it now appears the OP is considering Jacksonville, FL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Apparently it is a fine sight to see...and there are girls, my lord, in flat bed Fords slowing down to take a look at me..

Old 01-21-2014, 03:28 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Apparently it is a fine sight to see...and there are girls, my lord, in flat bed Fords slowing down to take a look at me..

Take it easy, take it easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy ..........

Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,249 times
Isn't there some kind of plaque to the song somewhere in town?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,751 times
Yes, down town, and a statue and a few souvenir shops. Downtown is nice, don't forget to look in that hotel. You can just walk around without buying or ordering anything.
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/8114/rmi0.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/1319/b87e.jpg
Yes... there is a flatbed ford parked.

The Postilion hotel and restaurant.
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/4639/62hn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/9766/j7kz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/365/0wip.JPG

And this picture is taken from, what really is the front of the hotel, it was built for those who traveled by train offcourse.
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2121/6amh.jpg

Old 01-23-2014, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,375 times
Default Living in Winslow

I don't know the people who have posted such harsh reviews of Winslow and I guess I don't want to.
I have lived in Winslow for 14 years. I came kicking from Idaho. I had health issues and my son was here. I have met some of the nicest people here and the town pulls together in crisis.
The weather is some of the best in AZ, very little snow, just enough for the kids to build a small snowman before it melts. Highs in the summer might hit 105 but that doesn't last either.
Yes our little town is rundown but the residents are working on that problem. As far as crime goes look up the stats. Very little crime. Yes we have a drug problem but you name me one town that does not.
I have had my run ins with City HALL, I feel like a lot of the people do it is little town politics and quite a bit corrupt. I don't know of a small town that doesn't have that problem. We do have a new city manager so we will see how that works.
Our hospital is a good one. We have some very good Drs. here. We just got a new Trauma Center here and it is working well. The prison they speak of is 3 miles out of town and we don't even know it is here. The schools could do some improving but as you said, you are retired so no children. Our Police Dept. is full of some very good officers, and they do take our crime in town very seriously.
Winslow is a quite little town with a lot of wonderful people in it. We do have some newer homes in the area and some are rentals. Our rents range in the 600.00 to 900.00 a month. We have some older homes that are very nice.
I guess my suggestion would be to contact Bob Hall at our Chamber of Commerce / Welcome Center. Or maybe come spend a week here and look around. We have some very nice motels in town, of course we do have the La Posada which is beautiful but very spendy. We have the Quality Inn which is rated 4 stars and a great restaurant which is also a 4 star.
Yes for big shopping we go to Flagstaff but sometimes we go to Showlow or Payson it just depends on the mood. But Flagstaff is closer. There are many places to see and visit here.
I know of a few people who broke down here years back and they are still here. Why? Because there is always someone with a helping hand. Come visit us.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,363 times
I have lived in Sierra Vista and now in Winslow....If I were you I would go to Sierra vista or Bisbee area....you will be much happier!

Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,976,381 times
If you are coming from a bigger city but don't like the crowding / big city problems I would recommend Prescott. If you are younger and want looking for the same I would recommend Flagstaff. If you are retired and come from small towns and that is your thing, then Winslow or some of the other small rim towns will suit you fine IMHO. I'm in the Prescott area and love it.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:36 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Hey, I'm about to get a job in Flagstaff, and I'd like to know anyone's honest opinion about living in Winslow and driving back and forth to Flagstaff to go to work and back. Sound do-able? Does the wind ever get that bad in Winslow? How about the snow on I-40? I'm looking at a house to rent in Winslow that is only $595 a month and I don't think I can honestly pass it up. The fact that Winslow has a Super Wal*Mart is actually a plus for this town.

Love the 'Take it Easy' Eagles connection, indeed. What do any of y'all think about my driving concerns? Are they real? What would you do in this situation?

Old 05-31-2014, 02:58 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
Winslow is very much a New Mexican vibe. Culture,climate and geography. Similar to Gallup only lower elevation and more barren. A commute to Flag will get old.While Winslow gets little snow, 30 miles west gets a lot more as you see far more junipers as the elevation rises above 6000 ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona