Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,226 times

Advertisements

Hello, I need some help! We are relocating from Tx to Az but not sure where to start looking for property.

Here are some of the things we are looking for:

Within an hours drive to Flagstaff..my husband will need to find a job.
Smaller town (under 2,000 pop)
Conservative town preferably
We are thinking elevation around 5-7,000?
Where land is available and reasonable if that's possible

We are relocating due to my health (RA, Fibromyalgia and other junk), I need to be in a dryer climate. I've been staying in Tucson with family for a few months and have done great as far as climate goes but we would like a little more green, love the pines trees. Our kids are all grown so we don't have to worry about schools.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions etc!

Last edited by Nanascupatea; 01-26-2014 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 07:03 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
will that elevation be ok for your health?....and it gets well below freezing all winter long there - will that be OK?....

make sure he has some job prospects before moving....there's little in Flag beyond near-minimum wage, though there is some stuff....

there are far fewer towns in Arizona than Texas...and they are farther apart....Williams, Winslow, Sedona, and scattered "subdivisions" are the only settlements within an hour of Flag....all are sufficiently conservative, but, more than Texas, most people here don't care what you believe in.....

decent land will not be cheap.....

you can look at other threads here in the Flag forum for more info

Old 01-26-2014, 09:52 PM

174 posts, read 305,640 times
The drive from my front door in Winslow to the golf course in Flagstaff is 45 minutes. Winslow is EXTREMELY cheap and EXTREMELY conservative, but is by no means everyone's cup of tea. (It is hardly anyone's cup of tea, in fact.) There is also acreage available in the Winslow area quite cheaply. Anything else within an hour's drive of Flagstaff is going to be MUCH more expensive. Williams, Munds Park and the Bellemont area would be more desirable than Winslow to most people because they are on the other side of Flagstaff where it's greener, but they are going to be considerably more expensive. Winslow is also much drier. I would certainly check out Williams, but I don't believe you will find reasonable land if you're talking about acreage. Another possibility would be Ashfork, which has almost nothing to recommend it; there is acreage available in the area, but a lot of it is occupied by weirdos -- marijuana growers and survivalist types. Bear in mind that northern Arizona can be VERY cold and VERY windy -- nothing like Tucson -- so be sure you know how your illnesses will do in those conditions. It's also one of the allergy capitals of the Universe.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:49 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,200 times
Leupp. A garden spot if ever there was one.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 PM

119 posts, read 232,671 times
I live in Ash Fork and am NOT a survivorist nor a marijuana user or grower . for the most part we are retired service people . who believe in "live and let live". Prescott is one hour South from here , Flag is one hour away to East . land and property is cheap here . I am looking to move from here around July . [sorry, not permitted] .life is peaceful here .
just like any town one cares to name has it's share of drug users and dealers .

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2014 at 02:57 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 03:14 PM

43 posts, read 89,589 times
Bellemont, Mountainaire, Munds Park, Williams

Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM

635 posts, read 784,333 times
I would look around by Prescott.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 7,109 times
Williams will fit your bill

Old 06-22-2014, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,324 times
I moved from east Texas years ago to Flagstaff. I would recommend looking into the White Mountain area. Flg was a huge city compared to my home town! Prescott and Chino Valley are larger areas but you'll have milder weather. Best of luck to you!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM

635 posts, read 784,333 times
Good luck with that finding a job thing. Better find that first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona