Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,840 times

Advertisements

Tried to get everything in the title... from NY.. would love to move to the Flagstaff area. maybe short term to see if I actually would like being so far from family..but there is always a plane tix for them to visit.. feel now , I would like to accomplish some things on my bucket list.. Northern Az is one...I'm solo, and am basically a carefree person, who is not afraid to make a change...even if for a little while.... I am very capable of having a part time work schedule, however I have read jobs in that area are scarce, i am not concerned as to what I make for I am now collecting SS after working many years,but something part time would be ideal..to remain active..& give me something to do... meeting new people...etc.. of course I want free time to travel the area as well.... sorry went on & on... what would you think are the possibilities of finding housing near transportation, shopping..I have been to Flagstaff once..when visiting the Canyon, and love that the weather.. suits me..with seasons.. and needless to say not as hot as other parts of AZ....suggestions would be appreciated..thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM

43 posts, read 105,211 times
Just remember if you come this is AZ not NY I've seen to many transplants in my life who make their state so bad that they don't want to live in it. So they move to AZ and do everything they can to make AZ like the state they came from

Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
The bus system in Flag is pretty good for the size of the city, so I'd say yes, you should be able to find something convenient to transportation. Jobs are the tricky part, that's true. I would think that you are competing with students for a lot of the part time market.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM

597 posts, read 1,442,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostone1413 View Post
Just remember if you come this is AZ not NY I've seen to many transplants in my life who make their state so bad that they don't want to live in it. So they move to AZ and do everything they can to make AZ like the state they came from

Personally I think that if people come to a new state, their votes should be counted in the state they came from and not in the new state.

College students, transplants will come to a state and then vote like the state they came from and it will ruin the state. Then when the taxes shoot sky high everyone looks around and says "what happened to the state?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona