Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,541 times

Advertisements

Hi Yall!

My husband and I have considered building a vacation home in Flag. We currently live in the PHX area. We spent some time living in the Pacific Northwest and discovered it wasn't for us long term and we were have to returned to PHX. However, the holidays around here are depressing. It doesn't feel like the holidays and thought a solution for us would be a vacation home to occasionally escape the heat, visit on holidays and then rent out on Home Away or VRBO when we are not using it. We thought Flag would be nice since it is so much cooler. Do you think Flag sounds like a fit for our scenario? Things you love/hate about Flag? We are open to other areas but feel they do not get cold enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 09:32 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,096,065 times
you certainly won't be the first person to think about a vacation home in Flag.....

if you truly get "depressed" around Phx at the holidays (and aren't just saying that in jest), that needs to be dealt with first, of course!!....many millions would f***ing LOVE to be in Phx during the holidays!!!

check out the other threads here in the Flag/Sedona subforum for what some people love/hate about the area.....I'd spend several days up there first in the depths of the holidays before buying or building, of course.....it is cold!

Old 09-24-2016, 07:44 AM

673 posts, read 468,893 times
Want to anger your neighbors?............rent out a property as a vacation rental. You will regret it. There was one down the street from us and the house kept getting egged until the owner stopped doing the vacation rental business.
It ruins neighborhoods.

I think if you have issues about the dates of the year you get depressed..........you may want to do a self evaluation as to why. If growing up seeing pictures of Christmas in the desert instead of Christmas with snow and pines, it might have set a different mood for you.
Just a thought

Old 09-26-2016, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Want to anger your neighbors?............rent out a property as a vacation rental. You will regret it. There was one down the street from us and the house kept getting egged until the owner stopped doing the vacation rental business.
It ruins neighborhoods.

I think if you have issues about the dates of the year you get depressed..........you may want to do a self evaluation as to why. If growing up seeing pictures of Christmas in the desert instead of Christmas with snow and pines, it might have set a different mood for you.
Just a thought
That is exactly why, we'd like a more traditional fall/christmas.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:43 AM

849 posts, read 2,928,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
It ruins neighborhoods.

Just a thought
I'd rather see a home being rented for vacation rather than long-term. It's not the vacation renters who "ruin" neighborhoods, it's the long-term renters with absentee landlords. We had a vacation rental in my old neighborhood. The renters were more affluent, most times European travelers, and they kept to themselves and were never around because they were sightseeing. So not sure how you arrive at the conclusion it ruins neighborhoods. Unless they were doing it on a month-to-month with local renters...then that's a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
View detailed profiles of: