Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 06:17 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
I miss the old Sedona and Oak Creek. We used to go to Sedona back in the 60s when it was a quiet, rural area. We loved buying peaches and taking them home to Phoenix. When I was last there I could have cried.

Always beautiful but ruined by the New Age hooey.
I don't know... I could go either way on the whole spiritual/new-age brand that Sedona is selling these days. On the one hand, it all appears a little too phony and on-the-nose, but on the other I think it works for a vacation destination. It adds to the mystique/vibe of the place and makes it interesting, IMO. You wouldn't catch me in a million years actually getting into the new-age thing, but nevertheless, it does add to the vacation experience in a Clark Griswold-y sort of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 PM

26 posts, read 38,746 times
Been renting a house here in Sedona for a few years and will be making the move to Flagstaff in a few months. Won't miss the New Agey-yoga posing on hiking trail crowd, also all the tourists that flock here all year. I will miss being 10 minutes away from my favorite trails

Old 01-06-2019, 01:46 AM

88 posts, read 86,023 times
IIRC, Sedona went 65-35 for the Uranium Whisperer.

Last edited by VeniVidiVelcro; 01-06-2019 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-06-2019, 07:33 AM

842 posts, read 826,766 times
My wife and I visited Sedona for our 25th anniversary four years ago. The scenery is absolutely stunning, and we loved all the hiking. Yes, it was off the wall hiking up to an elevated, quiet spot and suddenly hearing someone howling like a coyote while doing yoga, but pick your poison with oddballs as they're everywhere and/or it's all a matter of perspective. We didn't really care for the town itself, and the traffic was really bad. The restaurant scene didn't seem all that great, but maybe we just didn't check things out carefully. We went to explore the amazing outdoor surroundings and not the tourist trap town. I had fantasies of retiring in that area (Northern Arizona, but not as cold as Flagstaff), but the prices around Sedona are too high for us and too far away from family. Whatever the case... if you like hiking and beautiful scenery, Sedona is well worth the visit!

Old 01-12-2019, 07:10 PM

158 posts, read 196,312 times
My bf and I visited Sedona a few times from the east coast. The first time was in December 2015 or 2016, and the clouds were low, creating thick fog that prevented us from seeing the rocks (no visibility more than 100-200 ft away). We hiked anyway and it was really peaceful. There was a few inches of snow on the trail, and some ice. Because of the weather, there weren't many people around. I visited there again in April 2017 and it was more crowded - the weather was nice and it was around Easter. What's interesting is that there are red rocks in many other places around the southwest. Not just Utah, but also in Colorado and Nevada. Some are better or comparable to Sedona. Near Las Vegas was one of my favorite state parks (Red Rocks State Park). Also, we hiked in Red Mountain Open Space in Colorado which is closer to Wyoming. https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/c...ain-open-space
Near Las Vegas, NV, there's a suburb called Summerlin where you can go hiking (in a few places) out your front door into the desert, and there are red rocks there as well. It's interesting how Sedona took on this vibe of being special.. which it is - but geologically there are very similar places. Even New Mexico has some hiking areas with red rocks.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:32 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
Its the Vortex Convergence, and the Cosmic Karma that just oozes everywhere in Sedona that makes it so much more desirable than all those other places you listed..

Old 01-14-2019, 12:56 AM

88 posts, read 86,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Its the Vortex Convergence, and the Cosmic Karma that just oozes everywhere in Sedona that makes it so much more desirable than all those other places you listed..
I'm sorry but there's only one link that makes sense in reply:

Parliament Funkadelic - Cosmic Slop - Mothership Connection - Houston 1976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR4...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-14-2019, 11:37 AM

158 posts, read 196,312 times
I wish I could feel the special Cosmic Vortex Convergence there but it hasn't happened yet. I keep hoping for it. I'm not willing to take any acid though. Is that what it takes? Lol

Old 01-14-2019, 11:45 AM

15,251 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitak View Post
Cosmic Vortex Convergence
It sounds like a new seasonal drink at Starbucks.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:51 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitak View Post
I wish I could feel the special Cosmic Vortex Convergence there but it hasn't happened yet. I keep hoping for it. I'm not willing to take any acid though. Is that what it takes? Lol
i hear magic mushrooms will work as well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona