Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Well, thank god for the internet! This is a great site as well in the relocation search process.....yeah, I have a BA in Advertising from Michigan State but I work in property management...I need to keep in that profession to finance the continuation of my education once my bf & I relocate. Now, back to the drawing board....there's tons of property mgt jobs, I've got a terrific background....my bf works in landscaping for another condo association & he's a fabulous painter (residential/commercial) as well...we definitely need to be in Phoenix...now, how to find what part...? I want to come out next year in May to do interviews as I have two weeks of vacation but due to our season here, I can't take it till after May 1st....our apartment lease is up here June 8...kinda cutting it close but I don't know if it would be wise to send out resumes now or closer to the move time...we both have family here in FL where we could rough it, put our stuff in storage 'cause I don't want to sign another lease just to break it....suggestions?
I moved here (Phx) about a year ago... I'd say N Central Phx is fairly affordable & nice. Scottsdale of course is pricey & nice. I'd wait on the resume`s til closer to your move.. harder to get benefits etc here than CA or the Midwest (not sure about FL).. watch out for southern ares & unfortunately just driving around will help too !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,157,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniArizona View Post
I moved here (Phx) about a year ago... I'd say N Central Phx is fairly affordable & nice. Scottsdale of course is pricey & nice. I'd wait on the resume`s til closer to your move.. harder to get benefits etc here than CA or the Midwest (not sure about FL).. watch out for southern ares & unfortunately just driving around will help too !
THank You! Benefits are totally hard to get here in FL...so I I understand that!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,996 times
Default I hear ya

Quote:
I have looked through monster, careerbuilder, even the AZ Daily Sun...do people work in Flagstaff? I thought it was a big city? I work in property mgt. and did not see any jobs...
I've done the same, applied to just about every company in Flag. Even a custodian job at NAU. The only thing left is crossing guard at an elementary school and I think I'll do that tomorrow.
If anyone is hiring and could use a hard working 42 year old retired US Marine, please write me. I have experience in warehouse supervision but am not afraid to begin at the bottom. Thank you.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM

421 posts, read 349,761 times
Quote:
I have looked through monster, careerbuilder, even the AZ Daily Sun...do people work in Flagstaff? I thought it was a big city? I work in property mgt. and did not see any jobs...

I didn't think anywhere besides the Phoenix metro area and the Tucsan area had work.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:43 PM

436 posts, read 683,369 times
Finish up that grad degree at NAU with the wrong major and you may be working as a service clerk longer than you think. Wait! Can you pay back student loans with a job at Target?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:20 PM

431 posts, read 394,772 times
Default Job for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconfrog01 View Post
I've done the same, applied to just about every company in Flag. Even a custodian job at NAU. The only thing left is crossing guard at an elementary school and I think I'll do that tomorrow.
If anyone is hiring and could use a hard working 42 year old retired US Marine, please write me. I have experience in warehouse supervision but am not afraid to begin at the bottom. Thank you.

Hi Recon,

I know a place for you to get a job:

Horizon Moving Systems in Flagstaff
Warehouse Coordinator
Phone: 928/774-1436

They love retired military and in fact, they arrange for Spec Com, Logistics and military moves and storage. You'd be perfect!

Lannie

Old 12-14-2006, 02:53 AM

923 posts, read 3,516,180 times
Quote:
What Jobmarket...Never had one...

Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,996 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
Hi Recon,

I know a place for you to get a job:

Horizon Moving Systems in Flagstaff
Warehouse Coordinator
Phone: 928/774-1436

They love retired military and in fact, they arrange for Spec Com, Logistics and military moves and storage. You'd be perfect!

Lannie
Thank you Lannie, I'll look into it after filling out the APP for crossing guard.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,157,802 times
I guess we'll be sticking to Phoenix if we want to work! lol!~

Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,916 times
Growth is happening in Prescott now. Still mainly in retail, but another hospital was just completed as well as a 5,500 seat indoor arena for concerts and a new hockey team In neighboring Prescott Valley. There are other growth areas with industrial parks coming on line in both communities. The area is actually made up of 4 communities. Still not for anyone that wants a larger Corporate presence, but a great place to live anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona