Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 AM

67 posts, read 58,259 times

Advertisements

I have been looking in the valle vista area outside of Kingman, Az for a house to buy, so far I've put offers on 3 houses but, after a house inspection 2 of the houses were basically un liveable. Foundation problems, water damaged, heater not working, a/c not working, and on and on it went. One owner refuses to fix anything up but wants full pay for the house, the other was a foreclosure, and I think I could hear them laughing when we said you need to repair this and that... 3rd house the owner was offered cash and she quickly snapped it up. (can't blame her for that!) what is going on in this area? It looks nice, and the space between houses are wonderful, and not like new development in Kingman where you can hear the toilet flushing next door.

Its nice to make money off of a house especially since we're all fighting for a house these days, but, why not repair your house, why let it run down and yet be greedy and ask for lots of money. Can anyone tell me what has happen in this area? Did squatters move in and damage these houses? Or, did these folks buy these houses and loss money in Las Vegas to the point they had no money to fix up there houses? Something must have happened here but what?

So can anyone tell me where to look next for a nice house close to this area, I want to be close to California where my family lives. I've looked in Nevada but, the houses have skyrocket in prices in the last year. I lived in a Del Webb house in California and tried to buy in Mesquite but the prices are higher (Del Webb sold out to another company) and, I noticed a lot of those homes are in foreclosure. I'm not sure why they would put retirement home prices out of the reach of seniors on fixed income only to lose them in a foreclosure. sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 08:58 AM

98 posts, read 363,065 times
Where do I begin…I've looked at investment/rental homes in Mojave County for a few years. I never found one that I'd be comfortable purchasing. And there is so much land/house speculation going on that it is ridiculous particularly in Las Vegas. As an example, and this pertains to northern NV (Genoa, Carson City, Minden, Reno), houses that were in the $600K to $700K a year ago are now pushing $750 to 800K. Vegas is off the charts when it comes to any logical home purchase. Kingman is now feeling the pressure of the escapee Californians. And there isn't much going for the Kingman area in general (job wise for professionals). There was a flood of retirees from California in the 90's & 2000"s and those folks that bought the track homes are either dying off or going into assisted living. IMHO, there is going to be a huge BUST coming in the near future. If you can hold on to your money, find a rental and just wait this out. My two cents...

Old 08-25-2018, 07:08 AM

67 posts, read 58,259 times
Mt.. Mahn, thank you for your reply. I was wondering about this area of Kingman, ah...so now I know the history, and, I thank you for that. More than likely then, the seniors didn't have the money to keep these houses up, or repair, as I mentioned, two homes on sale (still) have so much needed repair it would cost me a fortunate to fix up,,,,,, one was perfect, and a buyer quickly purchased that one with cash. I like the area but, the tract homes they've built in that area are all holding hands, I like space, it doesn't have to be rural but shame on the city for not having stricter building codes, the city will pay one way or the other in having law enforcement patrolling these tracts, people are living just to close. Yes, i realize its greed and money that motivates these developers.

I think your right and just wait it out. Its a shame because a lot of folks want to move this way, Kingman needs to clean up the city and make it more inviting, to start, try cleaning up the areas near the freeway, i know a lot of industrial building appear to be the first things people see approaching the city, perhaps tree's could be planted and flowers surrounding these areas or at least bushes anything to take away the harshness, but mainly build houses people want to live in and buy, they seem to buy land and then say build your own house, what you see is lots of lots for sale, that no one is buying. It could be a great area to live but the city needs a city planner and then put it in action. What I would suggest and many cities do, do this, is the city studies other new and upcoming cities being constructed and developed, they contact that city, go and visit that city, and then build up this city similar to the one they visit and like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
View detailed profiles of: