Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 12:01 PM

12 posts, read 17,757 times

Advertisements

the sedona area seems to have a new hoa management company that incorporates previously established, low cost hoa's and then raises the monthly dues seemingly for the sole purose of increased profit. it appears even village of oak creek which used to have a reasonable monthly fee has a new hoa and an increased fee.

i discovered one neighborhood in west sedona with a $360 monthly fee and doesn't even offer a clubhouse and pool! who would be crazy enough to pay this? it's just a "watchdog" hoa with a few natural common areas that don't even need maintenance. this management company is getting rich fast.

not talking about mystic hills management which offers a clubhouse, courts and pools for its fairly reasonable monthly fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 11:30 AM

63 posts, read 61,967 times
Not surprising because Sedona is an expensive area they figure people can afford it.

Arizona is horrible for HOAs and it's gotten worse and worse every year.

It doesn't help that a lot of Arizona retirees LOVE their HOAs, they love the regulations etc.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:11 PM

24,810 posts, read 11,209,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonadreamer View Post
the sedona area seems to have a new hoa management company that incorporates previously established, low cost hoa's and then raises the monthly dues seemingly for the sole purose of increased profit. it appears even village of oak creek which used to have a reasonable monthly fee has a new hoa and an increased fee.

i discovered one neighborhood in west sedona with a $360 monthly fee and doesn't even offer a clubhouse and pool! who would be crazy enough to pay this? it's just a "watchdog" hoa with a few natural common areas that don't even need maintenance. this management company is getting rich fast.

not talking about mystic hills management which offers a clubhouse, courts and pools for its fairly reasonable monthly fee.
Without details about covenants, notifications to home owners, financials, ... - another HOA bashing thread.

Old 04-25-2024, 04:11 PM

just the $360 month dues alone with not even a clubhouse, courts and pool is ridiculous and outrageous, no need to dig deeper!

Old 04-25-2024, 04:34 PM

48,629 posts, read 35,093,855 times
Quote:
just the $360 month dues alone with not even a clubhouse, courts and pool is ridiculous and outrageous, no need to dig deeper!
Have you looked at the budget?

We used to get people who complained about HOA fees, and then they saw how much everything cost, and stopped complaining. (Well, at first they were convinced we were overpaying, went and did some research and then shut it.)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-26-2024, 07:03 PM

50 posts, read 99,861 times
Quote:
I live in the Village of Oak Creek. I belong to a HOA. My dues are more than $360.
I haven't heard of a new HOA management company. What is the name of this company?
Almost forgot to add:
Quote:
It doesn't help that a lot of Arizona retirees LOVE their HOAs, they love the regulations etc.

Last edited by aridzona; 04-26-2024 at 07:25 PM..

Old 04-26-2024, 09:08 PM

hi aridzona, is that $360 monthly or yearly?

Old 04-27-2024, 12:20 AM

my sincere apologies to all and to the hoa i griped about. i looked again and the west sedona community i mentioned does offer a clubhouse, pool, tennis and pickleball courts. no need to discuss this further.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:41 PM

2,396 posts, read 2,745,081 times
Quote:

I find this VERY interesting, and I appreciate your excellent specific headline, because ordinarily I wouldn't have looked in the Flagstaff section.

I'm experiencing something similarly suspicious in Phoenix, where we were bought and sold again in a period of only a year or two, and I'd love to find out if we were flipped for a big profit. Could you tell us the names of both the old companies and the new one? It would be interesting to see if they're doing this throughout the state.

Old 04-28-2024, 04:35 PM

20,238 posts, read 9,155,460 times
Quote:
sounds cheap to me. Everything is more expensive, get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona