Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
LMAO!!
I dislike Florida too, but for an entirely different set of reasons. Although the humidity is rough at times, I can tolerate it and it doesn't bother me all that much. I just HATE how crowded it is, how terrible the state is run, the lack of national parks and mountains, and the scumbag factor- is it me, or does every POS who is tired of the cold weather up north come down here and then start popping oxy's and smoking crack??
I need a place that has a smaller population, has some mountains to hike and bike in, and still has the warm toasty weather I enjoy when I hit the water on my jetski. Page is certainly right at the top of the list for me.
To be honest, Sedona really isn't all that expensive. I was surprised at the housing costs there- they are actually relatively comparable to Page.
You noticed that as well I see.

What impressed me (badly) about Fla back in 1982 was it seemed to have an inordinate number of asshats per capita----------many times more that the 'nut, fruits and flakes' of California back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 AM

276 posts, read 793,361 times
Default Correct!!

You know! You just may be correct with that comment about just "going for it." Perhaps that is the way to go!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
Sedona is definitely the place you would absolutely fall in love with. A native New Yorker, I moved here with my two young children a few years ago for exactly the same reasons as you...I tell you, Page is not the way to go, as a writer and photographer myself I found the serenity of Sedona breathtaking.. I am not knocking Page but we did live there for awhile and felt like specimens in a laboratory. It is fine for a visit but (and Im trying to be nice here) it is limited in many ways and we found it to be a bit too jaded and prejudiced a community to outsiders. Like I said, I won't elaborate for fear of causing a stir here (peaceful virgo-libra that I am) but if I could not feel comfortable raising my children here, that says alot to me. Once in Sedona, the all encompassing feeling was nothing less than lovelier than we've ever felt....nothing. So take it from another City woman who can see what most cannot, Sedona is the place that will touch your heart and soul far more than Page ever can. I hope I was a help...All the best to you, Anya

Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 AM

26 posts, read 130,374 times
Default Long Time in the Page Area

I moved to the Page Lake Powell area 20 years ago, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. As Slidersmom said - never bored.

With a lake that is 186 miles long, with 96 major side canyons and almost 2000 miles of shoreline, it can keep a person busy all by itself.

2 to 2.5 hours in a car and you can be at Zion, Bryce, Navajo National Monument (totally breathtaking deal) Grand Canyon North Rim or South Rim and now within 20 minutes to the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. 40 minutes and Lee's ferry awaits with incredible history. Also keep in mind that Lake Powell is only 13% of the Glen Canyon National Recreation area - go explore the other 87%.

There is tons of paleontology going on around here - you can hook up at the monument and go see some on a day trip not to mention the hike and talks they have.

The lecture series at the dam every month is a learning experience and a great way to make friends.

The concert associate manages,each year, to bring quality performances to Page - more should take part in them.

Bottom line, if you love the outdoors and don't care much about big city night life - the Lake Powell area is one of the best. I love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona