Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM

43 posts, read 298,175 times

Advertisements

Ashfork is isolated and backwater. Scary place, and I go through there a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 AM

22 posts, read 50,748 times
Jeff n dev, REALLY?? That is exactly what I plan to do with my land. Are you talking about south of 40 or north of 40? Kaibab Estates or Juniper Woods? That's freakin crazy.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:50 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,481,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomeTown View Post
Jeff n dev, REALLY?? That is exactly what I plan to do with my land. Are you talking about south of 40 or north of 40? Kaibab Estates or Juniper Woods? That's freakin crazy.
The poster you are questioning hasn't been here since November of 2008. It helps to check the dates on posts you are responding to.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM

Oh, right. Does anyone know what the situation is out there now? Was this poster full of it? I just want to build a small cabin and not have anyone mess it up, including gubberment punks. How is the building code situation north of 40?

I want to live around people who are into off-grid for sustainability and nature, not because they are criminals on the run. From what I am gathering, the Juniper Woods area sucks, and the KEW area is fine for being left alone...is this accurate?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:45 PM

13,248 posts, read 21,870,354 times
Quote:
Oh, right. Does anyone know what the situation is out there now? Was this poster full of it? I just want to build a small cabin and not have anyone mess it up, including gubberment punks. How is the building code situation north of 40?

I want to live around people who are into off-grid for sustainability and nature, not because they are criminals on the run. From what I am gathering, the Juniper Woods area sucks, and the KEW area is fine for being left alone...is this accurate?
Didn't Zonie5 answer these questions for you already here? Ashfork, Arizona - Water Situation?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:38 PM

Not really. He was kind of vague. I just want as clear a picture of what I am getting into as I can get before I start building. I can build the cabin in one 'sitting', but I will be pissed enough to hunt them down if they wreck it when I leave.

I also don't want to get messed with while there, by random tweekers or badged freaks with rifles. I want to be left completely alone in the middle of nowhere. Scat.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM

13,248 posts, read 21,870,354 times
Quote:
Not really. He was kind of vague.
Didn't look vague to me. Here's what you asked.

Quote:
Does anyone know what the situation is out there now? Was this poster full of it? I just want to build a small cabin and not have anyone mess it up, including gubberment punks. How is the building code situation north of 40?
I see two things you're asking here. (1) Do you need building permits to build there, and (2) how safe is your property when you're not there.

Here's what Zonie5 answered in the other thread when you asked those questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
in KEW we have enforcement of building codes . i only know of one guy that built without permits . because of that he was not permitted to hook up to power . when my house was built the thing was , no septic =no power . inpsctors do drive around or fly over for any out of norm activity and drive by to look over and my neighbor has been cited several times . so it is up to you .
i would hesitate to leave anything unattended anywhere around here for extended period of time . anything left unattended is considered fair game to them.
To recap: get building permits, and don't leave your place unattended for a prolonged period of time. I see nothing vague about that answer at all.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 PM

Fine. I was just asking if the north was as bad as the south in Ask Fork, and seeing if there was a differing opinion than Zonie. I don't see the need to drag up other threads that are kinda related, unless you're just bored or something.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:41 AM

260 posts, read 512,242 times
Quote:
Not really. He was kind of vague. I just want as clear a picture of what I am getting into as I can get before I start building. I can build the cabin in one 'sitting', but I will be pissed enough to hunt them down if they wreck it when I leave.

I also don't want to get messed with while there, by random tweekers or badged freaks with rifles. I want to be left completely alone in the middle of nowhere. Scat.

The best place, like you want, would be in the mountains, hidden, with no roads, and no trails to it, and the only access would be by helicopter.If you buy a small helicopter, and build your cabin, you could be completely
alone there.
But, if some time you feel like a breakfast at McDonalds
you can just get in your helicopter, and in 10 or 15 minutes you could be eating your egg Mcmuffin with hash brown and coffee.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 PM

Can't afford the mountain land, only this small chunk in Ashfork. I'll just fence it and load up all of the guns...set up the night vision wifi cams for car tags. Lay the bear traps and landmines with tripwires...right past the spiked, covered holes. Shrug.

In all honesty, I might make friends with them if they get good weed. Just don't wreck mah sh7t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona