Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,935,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
The funny thing is that people who prefer South Florida or are from the North East tend to like the South side of Orlando, like Windermere, Dr. Philips, Isleworth, Bay Hill, etc. Local people and midwesterners tend to like Seminole County. This is just "rule of thumb", certainly there are many exceptions to this, but it does seem to be the trend.
Yeah, I am from the NE, but I prefered Lake Mary and Seminole County in general myself.I enjoyed the change of people when I lived in Seminole. I actually despised living further south. Too transient, and the batch of people in the Dr. Phillips area that moved that way reminded me of the Boca bunch (NOT a good thing). And also, you know what they say about Florida, the further south you go, the further north you go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,602,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Broward has much less crime as a whole than Palm Beach County. None of Palm Beach Counties rank among Americas safest,like Coral Springs and Weston, but none of Browards communities rank among Americas most dangerous, like WPB. Boca actually had less crime than most of PBC because its proximity to suburban Broward communities and distance from the really bad areas for crime, like Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Riveria Beach, and seveal others.
That being said, Boca Raton is not being affected by the crime wave in Palm Beach County, its still a nice community and probably the best choice. Also , half of PBCs roads are under construction. Broward was actually pretty well planned and traffic tends to move right along on most major highways.
Yes looking that the statistics one can easily see the differences, based on out of date data though. There are plenty of nice areas in Palm Beach County, not that hard to know if you live here. I'm not arguing that we have our issues and bad areas.

The biggest issue in Palm Beach County is gang related violence, something that Broward and Dade are not devoid of either. The majority of murders are gang related.

Some car theft and bank robberies here are usually done by people from Broward or Dade, if they are caught or as of late shot, that's usually the case. Just like during the Hurricanes, people with Broward and Dade plates were spotted driving around Palm Beach County during mandatory curfew.

I have a friend that lives in Hollywood in a nice area, his house was broken into and looted during Hurricane Wilma. He can't keep his doors unlocked or his car outside without fear of being broken into.

Traffic is bad all over South Florida but it's worse in Broward and Dade. 95, 595 and the Turnpike south are a mess not just during rush hour it's bad here but it's worse there, I don't know how you can claim "moves right along"? Nightmare more like it.

Other then improvements on I-95, the Turnpike and Southern Blvd Expressway which is almost done I wouldn't say there is a lot of road work here.

I actually like some parts of Broward, but you can probably thank Dade for the parts I don't like.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,935,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Yes looking that the statistics one can easily see the differences, based on out of date data though. There are plenty of nice areas in Palm Beach County, not that hard to know if you live here. I'm not arguing that we have our issues and bad areas.

The biggest issue in Palm Beach County is gang related violence, something that Broward and Dade are not devoid of either. The majority of murders are gang related.

Some car theft and bank robberies here are usually done by people from Broward or Dade, if they are caught or as of late shot, that's usually the case. Just like during the Hurricanes, people with Broward and Dade plates were spotted driving around Palm Beach County during mandatory curfew.

I have a friend that lives in Hollywood in a nice area, his house was broken into and looted during Hurricane Wilma. He can't keep his doors unlocked or his car outside without fear of being broken into.

Traffic is bad all over South Florida but it's worse in Broward and Dade. 95, 595 and the Turnpike south are a mess not just during rush hour it's bad here but it's worse there, I don't know how you can claim "moves right along"? Nightmare more like it.

Other then improvements on I-95, the Turnpike and Southern Blvd Expressway which is almost done I wouldn't say there is a lot of road work here.

I actually like some parts of Broward, but you can probably thank Dade for the parts I don't like.

Hollywood is probably one of Broward's most dangerous cities,and its so close to Dade, thats not a surprise.Where in Hollywood, by the way?

I have been northbound on 95 out of Miami several times dead at 5 o clock, never sat in traffic. Can't say the same for 95 in PBC (although the road improvements there will probably improve it a lot). I just did the Turnpike to Boca at 5 o clock last firday, no problems, and I do this plenty of times because I have family there. 595 is pretty sluggish though, but not outside of rush hour! The drivers suck in both counties, I admit that they are probably a bit worse in Broward. Also is he was coming out of Davie he could take the Sawgrass to Deerfield, a real breeze and 75 into Miami's hell traffic, which can get bad when there are accidents, but never backs up due to congestion. 75 is behind my house, so I think I would know about 75.

There is crime here, but hate to say it, both statistics and reality prove that Palm Beach County has more homebred crime than Broward, as MOST of the people who come to rob/steal etc in BOTH counties are coming in from Dade. None of Americas safest cities are in Palm Beach County, but a few are in Broward(Coral Springs (10th safest), Weston, Parkland,even Margate ranks among one of the safest). None of America's most dangerous are in Broward, but a few are in PBC(Riveria Beach, West Palm Beach). PBC is prettier to look at than Broward, and is less crowded, but per capita, it has a lot more crime. Murder rate in Broward in 2005? 1.9 murders per 100 thousand, much below the national average. I can not find a statistic for Palm Beach but I am sure it is higher, but yes, it is true that crime there tends to be mostly gang related and not random. I have family in Delray Beach, and they live in a newer secured gated community, and have had thier home burgularized. I encounted a few MS-13 guys in a Boynton Beach restroom, but im a big guy, so they werent really looking for anything. I only feel unsafe in Broward in parts of Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, and thats it. I see all kinds of $*** that I just should not see in ALL of central PBC.

P.S I am basing my statistics off of Morgan Quitnos 2006 Data or CD as of 2005, and in real experiences in both counties.

Look, both counties have thier problems, but statistically Broward has less, but DON'T get me wrong, Broward still has a lot of problems on the eastern half. Dont blame Browrad for Boca's (Few) problems, though! Don't get me wrong about PBC either, a lot of it is really nice. It is just that Central PBC is worse than ANYTHING in Broward and perhaps leaves a bad mark on the county as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida