Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm not going to go back and forth. You guys win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 AM

Florida State Household Income | Department of Numbers vs. North Carolina State Household Income | Department of Numbers

Median U.S. Household Income by State - US News and World Report

Median Annual Income - Florida - Kaiser State Health Facts

A simple google search shows otherwise. These are the first 3 links I came across by a simple google search. See what I mean by going with data collected by multiple sources? You get multiple answers.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I disagree. I would take my experiences and many experiences of others I know personally, than some data on the internet, like salary.com. I know CPAs in FL, firefighters, homebuilders that are over 6 figures. I work with engineers, planners, project managers... in NC...pay is low while cost of living is high. Ask gypsychic, she's lived in both places like myself.
ComSense is correct. I can't believe some here just want to cite useless websites. Those don't hold water compared to true experiences. There are probably only a couple cities in NC where someone MIGHT make more money, (Raleigh and Charlotte) and even then it would be limited to certain fields. And income tax comes out of that, and there are other taxes there as well.

I would put my money on Florida ANY DAY, and regardless of what some of the chronic naysayers on this forum say, Florida is on it's way up, my area is practically booming with new homes and new commercial being built and new businesses relocating here. Lots of stuff happening in Tampa as well.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Yes it is! Hence the significantly higher average household income. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things whether you know someone or not. It's about the big overall picture.
I was going to reply to this, but what's the use - you have a chip on your shoulder about Florida for some reason, thinking just about every other state is better so why argue - your mind is obviously closed. Just wondering why you haven't moved yet to one of the "better" states.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM

I'm not here to argue or whatever. You guys know I am pretty upbeat and get along with all of you... I am telling you personal experiences and many of whom I know of. And also, a simple search - the first 3 links I clicked on - says avg income for FL is higher than that of NC.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It is a wash really if you own a home. Property tax is very low in NC and you have income tax. In Florida property tax is high and no income tax. The taxes in CH are VERY high though.
This is pretty huge generalization. It depends on one income vs propery value they own. I pay nowhere near 7% of my income for property tax here in Florida.

In my back of the envelope calculation, there is still a 3 to 4% more tax in NC than Florida, even accounting for the difference in income taxes and property tax (median household owning a median house). Therefore, one needs to make that much more in NC.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I'm not here to argue or whatever. You guys know I am pretty upbeat and get along with all of you... I am telling you personal experiences and many of whom I know of. And also, a simple search - the first 3 links I clicked on - says avg income for FL is higher than that of NC.
My experience also ^^^^.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
This is pretty huge generalization. It depends on one income vs propery value they own. I pay nowhere near 7% of my income for property tax here in Florida.

In my back of the envelope calculation, there is still a 3 to 4% more tax in NC than Florida, even accounting for the difference in income taxes and property tax (median household owning a median house). Therefore, one needs to make that much more in NC.
I concur with this ^^. Plus, we owned a home in NC equivalent in size and value to the one we own here in Sarasota, and our taxes here in FL are LOWER than our taxes in NC 6 YEARS AGO. Plus, no income tax here. By the way, jobs in my husband's field paid about half in NC that he makes here, which is why we never considered moving there on a permanent basis.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Florida State Household Income | Department of Numbers vs. North Carolina State Household Income | Department of Numbers

Median U.S. Household Income by State - US News and World Report

Median Annual Income - Florida - Kaiser State Health Facts

A simple google search shows otherwise. These are the first 3 links I came across by a simple google search. See what I mean by going with data collected by multiple sources? You get multiple answers.
I already quoted those numbers and said it is basically the same income wise.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
ComSense is correct. I can't believe some here just want to cite useless websites. Those don't hold water compared to true experiences. There are probably only a couple cities in NC where someone MIGHT make more money, (Raleigh and Charlotte) and even then it would be limited to certain fields. And income tax comes out of that, and there are other taxes there as well.

I would put my money on Florida ANY DAY, and regardless of what some of the chronic naysayers on this forum say, Florida is on it's way up, my area is practically booming with new homes and new commercial being built and new businesses relocating here. Lots of stuff happening in Tampa as well.
This is very simple really. Personal experiences has. BLS and census data is accurate. This is really statistics 101 and common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida