Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:23 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,782,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Yep amazing how many from up north think it is paradise, they envy anyone here because we don't have to shovel snow or wear a heavy coat and can live a life of 'leisure' in our shorts and flipflops 24/7/365...Yes beaches are awesome year round, winter weather can't be beat with the sun at a perfect angle in from Thanksgiving through February. Kind of the grass is always greener on the other side theory I guess..Ends up being like ground hog day here too..only 2.5 months into summer with just six more to go..yippee. A man can dream of California type weather and diverse landscape most of the year but can he live without Florida's beaches?
I could not agree more..... Excellent post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 05:36 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,782,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I just moved back to N.H. after spending ten years in Florida. It's really not a whole lot different than when i left. It's nice to slow down and enjoy life a little bit. When i was down in Florida everyone seemed to be in such a hurry. I beleive it has a lot to do with weather you like the area or not as mentioned above. I'm living proof that paradise can be found by a lake up in these mountains. Each to their own
You sir, are lucky... I was supposed to be going up to MA in 3 weeks, but had to postpone my return to paradise for another 8 months.

The everyone in a hurry thing is for sure here. Especially driving here. People have no patience, it's like diving in Boston, NY, NJ, and Washington DC here!!! The opposite is during season we get a few hundred thousand old people doing 20 in a 55 with nowhere to go....

For me as everyone knows, it's a weather thing. I have entered my "crabby time" of the year. I am miserable starting mid April till Thanksgiving...

Old 05-29-2011, 04:36 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,477,926 times
Lets please stay ontopic which is about news coverage, thank you.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 PM

62 posts, read 68,581 times
Electing a guy governor who defrauded medicare out of millions of dollars sure made national headlines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: