Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:45 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,349,521 times

Advertisements

Where in Miami do you live? Miami has such varying qualities of life, many times within a few miles of each other, that you could probably just move to another area there and have a completely different lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:17 AM

535 posts, read 1,414,257 times
Move out of Florida, this state is a lost case. Everybody else is getting better except for us.... Try ATL, NYC or DC.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,192,494 times
You listed the most congested expensive places in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Move out of Florida, this state is a lost case. Everybody else is getting better except for us.... Try ATL, NYC or DC.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 PM

501 posts, read 1,887,000 times
I think you would get the best advice if you could identify what it is you are seeking lifestyle wise with your move, i.e. I really dislike the clients at my hotel who are mostly from XX, I have 2 dogs and love running on the beach with them and can't do this here, when I'm not working I enjoy downing 2 lattes at a nearby bookstore and thumb through European mags, my sources for food are vegan salads and Wholefoods Markets, etc.

Tell us what you need/seeking (as opposed to what you're not wanting anymore).

Also, since Marriot has numerous brands including Ritz Carlton, is it possible for you to easily transfer to these properties as well? Or if it's possible, is it complicated? (This is to open further options available to you.)

Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 PM

776 posts, read 1,677,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylamarie09 View Post
Hi I am a 20 single female and I currently live in Miami, Florida I am not a fan of Miami at all if live here my entire life I plan on moving within the next 3months the only thing is I don't want to completely leave florida I'm thinking central Florida maybe Dayton beach... port orange... or Orlando but I'm not sure please help pros and cons of each would be nice also I will be moving alone starting a new chapter in my life independence lastly I work for Marriott hotels so no matter where I go I will have a job.
I would look around the Orlando area resorts. Lots of jobs and things to do. If you really like to be near the beach then by all means check out Daytona. Actually though the town has little industry there are a ton of college age students in the area..

Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,967,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You listed the most congested expensive places in the U.S.
Except for Atlanta though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida