Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 PM

4 posts, read 52,564 times

Advertisements

I am a 24 year old single guy and am planning on going to Florida in 2 weeks for a 4 day vacation. I have already been to South Beach, and am looking for another place in Florida with a good beach, and being close to some good nightlife (bars, clubs, etc). Any recommendations? I would much appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 AM

248 posts, read 535,061 times
I would say Ft Lauderdale. Stay away from the west coast. More for families than partying.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Tampa. Great beaches and good party scene in S. Tampa, Soho, Channelside and Ybor. If you're willing to go a lil further from the beach downtown Orlando is top notch party spot on any given weekend.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Tampa. Great beaches and good party scene in S. Tampa, Soho, Channelside and Ybor. If you're willing to go a lil further from the beach downtown Orlando is top notch party spot on any given weekend.
When you say great beaches in Tampa you must be referring to the beaches over in St Pete as i cant think of any beaches in Tampa..
As for party beaches? most beaches i know people dont actually party on them they just go there usually with family and play in the water or sunbath or stroll or have a picnic.Partying? gonna get sand in everything..

Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 52,564 times
I guess what I meant is, besides south beach, where are some other good beaches which have decent nightlife (clubs, bars, etc) within close proximity? Thanks!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Ft. Lauderdale, maybe Palm Beach, near Clematis. Key West is always a fun place, lots of bars lots of water sports things to do. The beaches are small and usually man made as the keys do not get the natural sand. There are not clubs though. I think Key West is a fun layed back place to vacation.

Daytona and Panama City but they are not like South Beach more of a bar vs a high end club. Tampa you will have to drive to either the beach or to the clubs though.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,248 times
Ft Lauderdale, although really, there's not much of a major party scene at the beach there...

Daytona is definitely a party beach, but it's pretty trashy (sorry Daytonans...).

The beaches in Ft Myers have a party scene.

St Pete beach has a party scene in the day...great daytime beach bar hopping area.

Shephards in Clearwater is a MAJOR party beach bar, but that's about it there.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 PM

129 posts, read 448,051 times
Cocoa Beach is fun. You can legally drink on the beach. Not too many clubs, but if you like strip clubs, there are a few, and they are pretty cheap. Plus, only about 40-45 minutes to downtown Orlando via the Beach Line.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 PM

13 posts, read 93,412 times
I recommend against Panama City Beach. As a local here I can tell you we detest college kids and spring breakers that come down here to party and otherwise act stupid. The local cops also make sport of harrasing them. Several years ago the local government tried to put a stop to spring break and the like and make it a more family friendly environment, the only thing that stopped that was the many small business owners and people in the hospitality industry raising cain due to the loss of income that it would have produced. I recommend going further south.-PCB local.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida