Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 PM

640 posts, read 2,012,603 times

Advertisements

"Thanks for ruining what was once a beautiful state. As for the Civil War, as I told that other guy, that's not what this is about."

Oh...that is just a load of BS. I supposed we ruined what was once an uncultured backwater as well. Florida is and always was a corrupt place...the locals loved Katherine Harris and Jeb Bush. Exhibit A and B. Not too mention the panhandles embracing of the Moron In Chief. Spare us your xenophobia...

Last edited by JiminCT; 08-13-2007 at 01:10 PM..

Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
you mean fla is the only state where politicians are supposedly, "corrupt?" that is news to me.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM

73 posts, read 389,429 times
I can't wait until this nonsense is locked !!!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Because unlike most areas of the nation...the northern areas have passion for their major league sports teams. Even in Detroit, Ohio, and Chicago...they love their sports teams. If people in Florida really cared about their teams...you wouldnt have so many rooting for the visiting team. It may be too hot to muster up passion in Florida.;p

Old 08-13-2007, 01:34 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Psst.

That's not what this is about.

We may be one country, but there are two Floridas. I have no doubts about which one is better to live in, but that's just my personal opinion. It just so happens that the areas relatively unaffected by immigration from the Northeast are unspoiled, unpaved, and not yet ruined with overdevelopment.
ok what areas in the northeast are relatively unaffected by immigration ? Just out of curiosity to see if you can back that statement or if it's just pablum puking rhetoric. Large areas in the northeast have the same immigration problems the rest of the country does. By all means please list the areas that do not. I won't even entertain the ignorance of the OP.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
Here we go again .......

Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
ok what areas in the northeast are relatively unaffected by immigration ? Just out of curiosity to see if you can back that statement or if it's just pablum puking rhetoric. Large areas in the northeast have the same immigration problems the rest of the country does. By all means please list the areas that do not. I won't even entertain the ignorance of the OP.
great post. maybe if we were not being drivin out of our hometowns also,we would not be having this discussion. Look contrary to what you believe New York and such is not just the city there is alot more country then you think. when I was young growing up on Long Island it was absolutly beautifull.Now it is overcrowded expensive and all the things ya'll complain about in florida. now I could be just stupid but we on long island liked our laid back country atmosphere nice little towns and beaches and woods.We also had people that made there livings on the water fishing and clamming that is disapearing. so before you go blameing all of your mess on just us take a look around and you will find it is from everywhere they just flock to the coastal areas like long island, florida ,the outer banks and so on. The whole country is experiencing what you are or they will be shortly. What we all have to realize is this is the world we live in now like it or lump it make the best of it and stop pointing fingers we cant go back in time.I for one hate when people lump us all in one as yankees because we are all not what you think,should we all think you folks down south have no teeth are dumb and marry your cousins? I dont think so. peace

Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,480 times
Hmmm, without yankees, Florida would be a much cleaner, friendlier, scenic, and slower paced lifestyle kind of place........like the Florida of old, like the Florida that I remember where folks would say "hey" as you walked down the road, where folks care about each other, would look you in the eye and lend a hand, where I could skip rocks in the Suwannee river with my cousin, go out back and shoot birds in the swamp with uncle Jed or go over to papaw and mamaw's and pick some oranges from the backyard.

Unfortunately, many (not all, I know of some great yankees who are great people), but many do not respect the southern way and have re-created the same hell-holes that they tried to escape from in the first place. The old Florida, the Florida that we love is gone forever........

And yes, I still display my confederate flag as does my black neighbor down the street.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM

"And yes, I still display my confederate flag as does my black neighbor down the street."

Ah yes...the great symbol of tolerance and American Cohesiveness...

Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
tell 'em heatwave!!! the old fla i miss a lot!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida