Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 AM
lee lee started this thread

91 posts, read 385,259 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

We will be moving to Florida in around 18 months when our green cards are processed.

We are going to put our property in the UK up for sale soon and I was just wondering if you think this is a good time to convert our cash.

We will have around £200k to convert which would return us around $390k at this moment in time,
or do you think the dollar has'nt bottomed out yet?

We can't wait to make the move as I know Florida has it's flaws but I still think it's a wonderful state in a great country!

Lee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,841 times
No don't do it yet, The fed just cut its rate and it will sink the dollar more. This is just a band-aid fix it has been infusing billions of dollars in money into the banking system over the past week to keep that rate from rising above the target. Many economists believe if the financial market crisis worsens the Fed will soon move to cut the federal funds rate as well.
Just keep an eye on the yen!

In Surprise Move, Fed Cuts Discount Rate - AOL Money & Finance (http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/in-surprise-move-fed-cuts-discount-rate/20070817082409990001 - broken link)

Old 08-18-2007, 12:00 PM

250 posts, read 1,469,831 times
Yea just wait a bit!!! Not that I am an expert but my Hubby reckons wait a bit and keep an eye on it as Firemed says. We keep an eye on it all the time so i trust my Hubby on it as he gets his pension paid in the UK and transfers it every month so he watches it closely

Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
lee lee started this thread

91 posts, read 385,259 times
Thanks guys the infos really helpful as we are true novices at this game and as you say timing is crucial as it can mean the difference of thousands of dollars.
Many thanks
lee

Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,143 times
What part of Florida are you thinking of moving to. I am an Essex girl, who lives in Brevard County, East Central Florida, about an hour from Disney. Plenty of Brits here and a Brit club too for when you get home sick :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: