Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:01 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times

Advertisements

She is not nuts, people cut hair in their homes all the time. as well as nails and babysit too. Plastercraze is like ceramics for children not as breakable. They pick a paster piece and then paint it it is a lot of fun good luck with your venture!

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-22-2007 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: off-topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
She is not nuts, people cut hair in their homes all the time. as well as nails and babysit too. Plastercraze is like ceramics for children not as breakable. They pick a paster piece and then paint it it is a lot of fun good luck with your venture!
Get back to the original question.

Sunrico90

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-22-2007 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: off-topic, rude

Old 08-19-2007, 07:37 PM

158 posts, read 868,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Oh, ok. Yes I think the Plastercraze would be a great business. You could host kids parties in you home or go to thier home and have them provide thier own cake so you do not need any kind of special food license.

Thanks for you supportive comments on dog boarding business. It is not your typical "kennel boarding" operation. Just a up to 6 small dogs at a time and they are always loved and supervised. They are not left outdoors to bark like crazy and bother anyone. They are totally pampered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Give me an f'n break. How about the nail salon they busted a few months ago in Hollywood where people got I think it was Hepatitis. Or the couple last year doing Botox in their home who killed two people. I really want some jerk running an illegal kennel next door to my house. They bust an illegal Cuban Dentists in South Florida like once a month. Like I said give me an F'n break.
I have not heard about the naii salon incident or teh Botox people, Yikes. I do have a business license. It is easy enough to get. You just go to the county clerk and file for $30 and run and ad int he paper for $50 and walllha you have a business license. Yes I have talked to my tax guy and all is good. I will pay taxs on my income.

Ok Mr. Potty Mouth Macguy, you would be kissin the ground I walked on if you had a neighbor like me Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-22-2007 at 03:49 PM..

Old 08-19-2007, 08:02 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIL View Post
Oh, ok. Yes I think the Plastercraze would be a great business. You could host kids parties in you home or go to thier home and have them provide thier own cake so you do not need any kind of special food license.

Thanks for you supportive comments on dog boarding business. It is not your typical "kennel boarding" operation. Just a up to 6 small dogs at a time and they are always loved and supervised. They are not left outdoors to bark like crazy and bother anyone. They are totally pampered.

I have not heard about the naii salon incident or teh Botox people, Yikes. I do have a business license. It is easy enough to get. You just go to the county clerk and file for $30 and run and ad int he paper for $50 and walllha you have a business license. Yes I have talked to my tax guy and all is good. I will pay taxs on my income.

Ok Mr. Potty Mouth Macguy, you would be kissin the ground I walked on if you had a neighbor like me and if not, well then sadly you might just have some sort of mental problem in which case I will pray every day for you
And what are you licensed for, is it to run a kennel? Have you had inspections, I would think they would be required for such a business. What you describe sounds like all you did was apply for a fictitious name. Don't bother praying for me the last thing we need in Florida is just another unlicensed business operator. Doesn't sound too fair to all the kennel operators who are trying to run a legitimate business and follow the law. Oh, and pay those taxes, we also have enough under the table illegals down here now not paying.

Walllah you have a business license? Please you are brighter then that. "I think I will go in the roofing business, no maybe I will open a tanning salon, 50 bucks and walllah I have a license". Of course zoning, or code enforcement have nothing to say about it. "Heck, I'm raising kids and need the money, no one will really care". God how people can rationalize their own selfish interests. Sorry but as a guy who has been in business for almost his whole life this dead beat crap get to me.

Last edited by macguy; 08-19-2007 at 09:02 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 03:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIL View Post
They are in the basement. they are 6 x 6 comfy kennels. they are in a finished bedroom in the basement. I put a vinal type piece under them. I am not taking in tons of dogs. I only watch smaller breed dogs and will take up to 6 at a time.
6x6 kennels are great, but the only problem is we have no basements here in Fla .
I remember when someone asked me "well if you don't have basements where do you keep your "stuff" "
They thought I was joking when I said "under our roofs"

ok back on track here, you might want to check with your Home Owners policy to see if you would need extra coverage. Insurance companies here use any reason at all to drop people and with the challenge of trying to get and keep HOI in this state especially in south FL. This would be something you would want to keep in mind.

karla

Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Seems to me the daycare/kennel in Tampa was charging something like 20 a day for daycare. I know I paid $20 a day at the vet for boarding and a little less for daycare.
You can read up on business license in Pinellas county here http://www.pinellascounty.org/resident/licenses_permits.html (broken link)
I think the biggest issue is where you would keep the kennels since there are no basements in FL.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
6x6 kennels are great, but the only problem is we have no basements here in Fla .
I remember when someone asked me "well if you don't have basements where do you keep your "stuff" "
They thought I was joking when I said "under our roofs"

ok back on track here, you might want to check with your Home Owners policy to see if you would need extra coverage. Insurance companies here use any reason at all to drop people and with the challenge of trying to get and keep HOI in this state especially in south FL. This would be something you would want to keep in mind.

karla
Yeah, I thought about the no basement thing. I am not sure we may need to turn a dining room into a kennel area. The only time they are sometimes noisy is at night while we are sleeping. Most of the time the dogs are not in their kennel area or if they are dogs that do not get along with other we really tire them out so they are pretty zonked and sleeping.

Like I said we are not at all the typical boarding facitlity. We even have some customers that sleep with my older daughters when we have customers that are "extra pampered" their owners do not like them in a kennel. So as long as they are house broken that is fine with us and of course friendly. One customer is coming tomorrow and does not want her dog kenneled so she is bringin a doggie diaper, LoL, just in case .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Seems to me the daycare/kennel in Tampa was charging something like 20 a day for daycare. I know I paid $20 a day at the vet for boarding and a little less for daycare.
You can read up on business license in Pinellas county here http://www.pinellascounty.org/resident/licenses_permits.html (broken link)
I think the biggest issue is where you would keep the kennels since there are no basements in FL.
I charge $16 a night. Day care is $13.00 for the day.

Thanks for the link on business license I will definatley check it out.

Mr/Mrs? Macguy, try to calm down a bit. I am not taking over the dog boarding business. I am not doing anything illegal. I think it is unfair of you to assume I am some kind of sca**er. What I do is simple. People bring thier doggies and I watch them and take awesome care of them because I really care. Yes, I pay taxes I after all am not nuts.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Keeper; 08-20-2007 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
The moment someone throws in God every red flag goes up. If you want to be in the kennel business why not just do it right, get yourself a proper place and make some real money. And please don't pray for me I don't believe in invisible people. If you must pray for something do it for the miners or the people in the path of the hurricane.

When my children are all in school full time that is the plan. The thing is I dont need a huge giant business right now as I have 5 children and not the time. I also love having the dogs I care for right here with me in my home. The get that extra special attention that way. That is why most of the people that come to me come. They like the idea of thier doggie being in a home with a caring family while they are away.

While I am doing this in my home I will be thinking of how to set a business up out side the home one day and be able to give that same clean comfy attentive care that I do now.

[mod] off topic/personal [/mod}

Last edited by Keeper; 08-20-2007 at 08:00 AM..

Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Please stay on topic or the thread will be closed. Religious debates should be posted in the Religion forum not here.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
I board my dogs four or five times a year. I paid around $35-40 per day for each dog. Palm Beach Paw Spa is what I use. I trust them 100%. My dogs also go there twice a week for daycare. So they know their staff well. I try to attend all the fun activities they organized in their facility.
I also boarded my dogs in a home before. They had all the crates lined against each other in their living room. They let dog go out in small group to play in their yard. But most of time, the dogs were kept in their crates. They told me that their kids walked my dog and cleaned the crates. I don’t think they are bad when compared with other places. I also paid $200 additional so they would teach my dog swim. I thought it was a good activity for my dogs when they were away from home. Long story short, when I picked up my dogs, I sent my dogs to a vet for a check and with some tear, I made a promise that I will never send my dogs there again (I paid $35/day for each dog). My dogs now won’t even go close to our pool. Some family run business promised a lot but who knows what is going on…
Recently, I get acquainted with a dog trainer. She only accepts two dogs. She is expensive. She has invited me to visit her home. I can visit anytime I want. If she passes my random visits, I will board my dog there. I would like someone keep eye on my dogs in night too (this is the reason; I am interested in boarding my dogs in a home. But I don’t want my dogs in their crates all the time or be put away somewhere in the night so the caretaker won’t hear their cry. If so, I would rather board them in a daycare where they can play all day). This is just my opinion as a customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida