Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 PM

119 posts, read 219,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Hoodrats? What ghetto are you living in?

come to daytona beach. downtown, south daytona and east port orange(actually, even west) have a lot of em under 35.

melbourne where i recently was had a lot of too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 PM

119 posts, read 219,706 times
also, daytona beach shores and ormond appear safest. west port orange used to be, not sure now though.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:44 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Just another day in Daytona Beach

Store Clerk Shot In Daytona Beach - YouTube

Just another day in Volusia County

Deputies: Woman passes out as child plays at Deltona McDonald's - News (http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/west-volusia/2012/03/07/deputies-woman-passes-out-as-child-plays-at-deltona-mcdonalds.html - broken link)

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,910 times
It's not just Florida folks, crime is everywhere.

It doesn't matter what 'hood you live in. A criminal goes where the stuff is when he wants to steal something. Better junk to steal in nice 'hoods.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM

Really?? I DID NOT know that

No matter what state or neighborhood I live in it still pisses me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post

It doesn't matter what 'hood you live in. A criminal goes where the stuff is when he wants to steal something. Better junk to steal in nice 'hoods.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,885,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post

Exactly. I live in Austin, which is one of the most popular cities in the country and which attracts new residents by the thousands each week. But crime, at least property crime, is horrendous. No neighborhood is immune to it. I paid $400K to live in a beautiful neighborhood, and property crime is a daily occurence (burglaries, car break-ins, car thefts, vandalism, even some home invasions). The police can't get a handle on it because no one wants to pay for it.

I've been visiting various state forums here to see if there's some place in the country (with a mild climate) that ISN'T full of crime. Looks like Florida is no different.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Haha ...A County Manager's SUV was stolen under the identical circumstances that my neighbor's truck was stolen! Difference is, there was not a report of a ticket issued and the police actually went to look for the SUV ASAP and found it the next night! Now maybe this will get the attention of the local police to the increasing property crime and do something about it and at least keep an eye out for the adults that are dropping off juveniles to do the dirty deeds...

It infuriates me that the only reason it made the news and the cops actually looked for the SUV was because the theft happened to a county official.

Last edited by tiluha; 03-20-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Exactly. I live in Austin, which is one of the most popular cities in the country and which attracts new residents by the thousands each week. But crime, at least property crime, is horrendous. No neighborhood is immune to it. I paid $400K to live in a beautiful neighborhood, and property crime is a daily occurence (burglaries, car break-ins, car thefts, vandalism, even some home invasions). The police can't get a handle on it because no one wants to pay for it.

I've been visiting various state forums here to see if there's some place in the country (with a mild climate) that ISN'T full of crime. Looks like Florida is no different.
I think ALL popular cities/states have a good share of crime. It's really hard to find anywhere crime-free anymore. I live in Sarasota, which statistically has a higher than average crime rate; however, almost ALL of it happens in the ghetto area of this city. There are, of course, random property crimes anywhere and everywhere here. I really do love living here, and overall pretty much always feel safe anywhere I go.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:07 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Sounds like Philly...actually in my observations the higher the population the more crime. It's awesome in the small town I'm in...but then there's not much to do either.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post

I've been visiting various state forums here to see if there's some place in the country (with a mild climate) that ISN'T full of crime
. Looks like Florida is no different.
So OC, CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida