Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:44 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,149,524 times

Advertisements

God these Florida forums are becoming depressing. So much bitterness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,973,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
God these Florida forums are becoming depressing. So much bitterness.
Having an opinion does not mean a person is bitter.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,699,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
Sorry, but I neither took too many dodge balls to the head, nor did I lie and mislead those I sold houses to. Still trying to clear your conscience for all of those who trusted and believed in you when you sold them all that Florida real estate " as investments of a lifetime"? Are you still trying to resurrect your battered real estate reputation on the backs of the Florida children being shortchanged by bogus "studies"? I will stand by my position that when comparing the public schools of various states, the only unbiased reports are those that have the students taking the same valid and reliable test(s) as the basis of comparison.
Never did I lie, mislead or tell anyone that anything was, "as investments of a lifetime".
If anything was an investment of a lifetime I would buy it myself as any smart person would.
I find it hilarious that when facts are thrown at you that shoots down your biased rants that all Florida schools are terrible you make untrue claims about me, about a field I have not worked in for years.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The evidence that I have is my personal experience as a teacher and my kids personal experiences as students (they are no longer in the public schools). My experience is in Broward, an A district.
So I guess I could say that my kids graduating and going on to college is my experience and that the schools are fine in Florida. Just as valid as your statement.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
So I guess I could say that my kids graduating and going on to college is my experience and that the schools are fine in Florida. Just as valid as your statement.
Absolutely. Different people have different experiences.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,686,519 times
Love my IB program here in Tampa area...son graduated in 05 and is in his last year of law school (after a full ride plus at UF)...daughter is in last year of same IB program and is getting in everywhere she applied to all with merit scholarships! We left a great school system when we left NYC 15 years ago...I did tons of research before we moved and it worked out well for my family!As far as the AP program...my kids wouldn't have been challenged enough...AP is less in depth learning then IB(in MY kids school)!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Absolutely. Different people have different experiences.
The problem is when people make blanket statements about the entire state.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
The problem is when people make blanket statements about the entire state.
Why is it a problem? People are allowed to have different opinions. In my opinion, which belongs to me, the schools in this state are backwards.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,043,331 times
Quote:
Why is it a problem? People are allowed to have different opinions. In my opinion, which belongs to me, the schools in this state are backwards.
It is most interesting that when this thread started, the OP added a line that suggested that anyone with an opinion, who would contradict his/her own, would be labeled a "basher". This should have served as a warning to anyone wishing to post that only those viewing Florida with "rose- colored glasses" would be acceptable. Another poster lauds the AP placement rankings as a needed boost to the Florida housing market. It continues through to the thread-dominating real estate agent who somehow deems himself an expert on Florida schools because he sold houses. This is supposed to be a forum where dialogue is exchanged, and alternative opinions considered. Please continue your posts, and offer your opinions.... those seeking the Florida lifestyle deserve to hear the pros/cons of every facet, not just those that sell the "land of make believe".

Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,328,352 times
Quote:
It's a problem because you admitted that you've had experience with only one out of Florida's sixty-seven school districts, yet you blanket the entire state with some ridiculous opinion. That's your opinion and you can keep it, but don't get flustered when someone calls you out on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: