Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 15,724 times

Advertisements

living in ocala now,want to move to crestview fl. hear its a nice place, but is there any work, factory,construction,precast work,ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T40B View Post
living in ocala now,want to move to crestview fl. hear its a nice place, but is there any work, factory,construction,precast work,ect.
Can I ask you why you are looking at Crestview? It is mildly on my radar as well.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Crestview is a small town that is growing very fast. The main source of income/jobs is AIC and CAC, both are aerospace industries and they pay well. Both companies support Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. Both bases generates multi-million contracts in the area construction and other related fields.

If you have certification on sheet metal, machinist, electrical, anything related to aircraft the chances for a job are great and pay is excellent. If you have a security clearance is a lot better.

Check the Florida jobs website or career.com and you might find what you are looking for.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM

like the area for hunting and fishing, but know nothing about the work.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:12 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,492 times
Crestview is a nice place if you like things a little country. It is definitely the kind of small town that doesn't really exist in too many places anymore. The area doesn't look much like Florida at all. There are actual hills and big trees there. If you are into hunting and fishing there is plenty of it in the area. The cost of living is pretty low too. It will take you a little over 30 minutes or so to get to the beach areas of Fort Walton Beach or Destin.

Most of the people who live in Crestview work on Eglin AFB. I do think there are some aerospace manufacturing companies in Crestview. There was a lot of construction going on up until about a year ago but I think it has slowed down with the housing slump.

Take a look at the Crestview Chamber of Commerce's membership directory. It might give you an idea of what companies are in the area and you check with each company to see who is hiring.
Membership Directory (http://www.crestviewchamber.com/Membership_Directory.20.0.html - broken link)

Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM

thanks sunrico90 will look into it.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 PM

all of you have been very honest(very hard to come by)and helpfull, thanks again. will keep looking.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:13 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
all of you have been very honest(very hard to come by)and helpfull, thanks again. will keep looking.
Has a surprising elevation of 240 feet. A lot nicer then the south florida that is around from 6 to 10 feet and flat as a pancake. I was just up that way and I enjoyed driving on the hilly tree lined roads. It's like another state in the panhandle.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:12 PM

131 posts, read 184,166 times
Crestview is the highest elevation in the state of Fl. Many people who live in Crestview work on Eglin or in Ft. Walton Beach. Crestview population has just surpassed that of Ft. Walton. Land and homes there are the most reasonably priced in the area. I can't say much for the schools though. They haven't planned very well for the influx of people.
The city planners have much to learn.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:49 AM

131 posts, read 184,166 times
If you need help with housing I can offer several suggestions in the Crestview area. I know quite a few people there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida