Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
lee lee started this thread

91 posts, read 385,309 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

We will be moving to Naples in about 18 months.

I would like to apply for a job with the US Postal Service, I have read books
regarding the testing process etc. and I just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience or useful information?

Many thanks

Lee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
Hi Guys,

regarding the testing process etc. and I just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience or useful information?

Many thanks

Lee
You may apply to take examinations for postal positions, apply for casual or temporary employment or complete an exam (assessment questionnaire) for motor vehicle operator and/or tractor-trailer operator positions using this online processing system.

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
Hi Guys,

Many thanks

Lee
Most jobs with the post office in Naples are sub contractors (RCA's) Its not like the city. You use you own car/truck.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 AM

41 posts, read 178,308 times
Default postal jobs

all postal jobs in florida are sub cont use your own car no benfit about 17 00hr

Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,194,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Most jobs with the post office in Naples are sub contractors (RCA's) Its not like the city. You use you own car/truck.
I don't know anything about the post office but most of the people who deliver around me look like minimum wage workers. They don't even have uniforms in many cases. One lady is like 50 and can hardly walk, she is like 200 lb.'s and limps from house to house. I don't know where they hire these people. I find mail in my box late at night sometimes because someone brought it over after it was delivered to the wrong address. I NEVER put mail in my box to go out, I always bring it to the post office. I don't trust these people to not lose it before they get back. The post office does do an amazing job but at least in our area they have some really incompetent people. I send a lot of packages and the one girl in the post office still can't figure out the new postal rates after like six months.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
I've seen the same thing in Punta Gorda. The regular uniform guy drops off boxes & over night stuff, etc. But our regular mail is dropped off by some lady who is usually on her cell phone, in civilian clothes & her own car.

I've seen civilian cars drop off mail before with a sign in the car stating US Postal Service. Not here, though, I don't get how they do it. Somehow our mail reaches us.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM

35 posts, read 132,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat 1949 View Post
all postal jobs in florida are sub cont use your own car no benfit about 17 00hr

Not true. There are many rural carriers (sub contractors) as you describe above, but also many typical carriers that drive the postal trucks, have benefits, etc. in and around Naples.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 8,291 times
I just can't believe it! I send a package from Naples, Fl. to Atlanta, GA, and I pay almost $30.00 for NEXT DAY Delivery. The package got to its destiny three days later. The dispatcher at the Post Office in Naples location promised to be delivered on time or he will give us our money back. I got a receipt with the date and time of the package delivery from Atlanta, I took it to the Post Office. Now the Post Office Employee send us to another location to get paid back. What is happening with our Honorable Post Office Service?
The employee from Naples Main Post Office didn' find any delivery notice from Atlanta's Post office, but he assured that we will received our money back, but, he dosen't know when. GREAT!

Last edited by JesusLover777; 03-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Add answers

Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
My mailman here in Vero Beach is fantastic. He watches our house while we're away, he knows our names and we know his, we think of him as a friend and maybe that's the difference. Respect your letter carrier and he/she will respect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida