Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite region/area
South Florida (PM, Broward, Dade Counties) 7 17.07%
Tampa Bay (HB, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, West Polk, Pasco, Hernando) 11 26.83%
Orlando Area (East Polk, Orange, Osceola, Lake, Seminole, Volusia, Brevard) 9 21.95%
Jax Area (St. John, Duval, Nassau, Clay, Baker) 1 2.44%
Pensacola Area (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa) 0 0%
Tallahassee Area (Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson, Wakulla) 3 7.32%
Ocala-Gainesville-Lake City Area (the corredor of I-75 from Marion to Columbia and adjacent counties) 0 0%
Southwest Florida (Charlotte, Lee, Collier, Hendry) 4 9.76%
Port St. Lucie Area (Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie) 1 2.44%
The Keys 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:42 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,928,952 times

Advertisements

Santa Rosa! And Nassau county!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,620,882 times
My favorite part of Florida is Daytona Beach. I also liked it alot around Bradenton and Ana Maria Key.

Of all the states that border an ocean that I've been to,, Florida, by far, has the best beaches. I never seen a beech in Southern California, or Texas, or the Carolina's as nice and well kept as the beaches in Florida.

Soon as you cross the state line into Florida, the atmosphere takes on a whole different vibe. It's a beach vibe. It's fun. It's tropical, laid back, easy going.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Orlando. One of my favorite cities.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:51 AM

7 posts, read 14,844 times
KEYS!!! beautiful and laid back!!

Old 12-09-2015, 10:28 AM

301 posts, read 368,854 times
So much incompetence here .................

Old 12-09-2015, 04:16 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,899,145 times
I did not get a chance to vote. But I would have chosen the Keys.

However, there are a lot of areas of FL that I really like. The top at this moment, aside from the Keys, would be SFL, St. Augustine, St. Pete, Sanibel/Marco Island, the Ft. Pierce/Juno/Jupiter stretch... And I even like Orlando in its own way, even though it feels like I'm driving through one enormous mall...

There is no part of FL that I have been to yet that I specifically dislike. I don't always like all of the people, and I hate the politics/govt here, but the state's areas are really nice.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:25 PM

301 posts, read 368,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
I don't always like the people and I hate the politics/govt here....
Respectfully-you sound like just another Florida Hater. If I may ask, where are you from? What state and city were you born? I'm betting you are one of thousands of Migrants who moved to Florida for a "better life" but now after living here a while, and even in the beautiful Keys, you are badmouthing the state?

Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Orlando and South Florida for me... However, the natural springs in the Ocala area are quite impressive too but I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
I didn't get a chance to vote, but I probably would have chosen Southwest Florida, although that's a very general statement.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:18 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,899,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Respectfully-you sound like just another Florida Hater. If I may ask, where are you from? What state and city were you born? I'm betting you are one of thousands of Migrants who moved to Florida for a "better life" but now after living here a while, and even in the beautiful Keys, you are badmouthing the state?

How in the world is it badmouthing the state to say "I don't always like ALL of the people?" I'm pretty sure that's human. It's also not badmouthing the state to say I hate the politics. Any human being would hate the politics. It's called being an American.

I said I basically like every part of the state, that all of it is beautiful and has something positive to be found about it, and you STILL found something to criticize me about? Really? Is no one here allowed to have an opinion, even a truly benign and standard human one? I'm not allowed to say I dislike ANYTHING, EVER, in Florida, even the things nobody else likes? That means someone does not belong here? Because all born Floridians are 100% in love with ALL of the people here and ALL of their govt. officials ALL of the time... How in the world does that make me a "Florida Hater"? - I just said I love all of Florida! I don't really like the term "Thought Police," but if ever there was a case of it, this takes the cake...

By the way, calling me a name and dismissing my opinion as irrelevant because you place it in part of a stereotype you have created for groups of people is not respectful, even if you say "respectfully" before it. I appreciate that you found a way to insult me without cursing at me, but you still insulted me, for absolutely no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida