Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

Yeah yeah, I forgot the "S" in likes on the header.

Now this is funny... See someone does like alien boy...

Rick Scott Praised By 'Satanists' At Mock Rally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Yeah yeah, I forgot the "S" in likes on the header.

Now this is funny... See someone does like alien boy...

Rick Scott Praised By 'Satanists' At Mock Rally
"Hate snow"? I thought it was better than the grueling heat of Florida... The seasons where what u wanted!!! Strike 3?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
"Hate snow"? I thought it was better than the grueling heat of Florida... The seasons where what u wanted!!! Strike 3?
Yeah the snow is annoying... The extreme cold is worse. The job I came to has somehow kept me outside a lot more than I expected, and tell you what, the heat is no match for the cold. So yeah, strike 3 for this guy... Fall was decent, but from November on, not so great.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Yes. Gove Scott is doing such a terrible job!
TALLAHASSEE: State budget surplus will spur intense debate on what to fund - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

At least someone is running a government like its suppose to and not like its a money printing machine. The state is doing much better than a few years ago.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM

729 posts, read 1,301,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
TALLAHASSEE: State budget surplus will spur intense debate on what to fund - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

At least someone is running a government like its suppose to and not like its a money printing machine. The state is doing much better than a few years ago.
Projected surplus. Don't worry, the state will figure out a way to mess that up too. Yes, Rick is doing a terrible job. You know it's bad when his own party wants him out. Enough said.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM

195 posts, read 350,511 times
Quote:

well make it 2 people now. That's 100% growth. Watch the trend people.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:

I don't like Rick Scott, but you can't argue with his politics.

A lot of people don't like Rick Perry either, but he's successful at what he does. I think a majority of people don't like Scott because the state has gone blue fairly quick.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
So Scott takes over in the abyss of the recession and is now going to try and position himself as some sort of savior as the economy had nowhere to go but up. Please!
As for the raises for teachers, that's just pandering because he's scared poop-less about the election in 2014 and needs to find some friends in a hurry.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
Projected surplus. Don't worry, the state will figure out a way to mess that up too. Yes, Rick is doing a terrible job. You know it's bad when his own party wants him out. Enough said.
Actually, I'm not so sure that isn't an indication he is doing a good job, instead of simply playing 'party politics' --- like our polarized and gridlocked politicians in Washington. Tough choices need to be made in response to a flailing economy. Scott not only balanced the state budget, he has generated a surplus. Before panning Scott entirely, take a look at how many other states are practically bankrupt.

Frankly, I would rather have a politician who was more concerned with solving problems and getting results .... than with scoring high in popularity polls. (For example, consider our President: He was obviously 'popular' enough to get re-elected, but, who can honestly say, with a straight-face, that he is anything close to effective? (Sure, he gives a good speech, but, that and $4 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!)

And isn't the same thing true of the 'do nothing' Washington politicians who 'pork it up enough' ensure only that their own narrow band of constituents re-elects them, but, do nothing to solve the greater problems of the country. As for me, I've heard enough meaningless speeches that pander to and/every popular cause, but, do nothing ... to last a lifetime. How about some real leadership and results! --- Political popularity and 'empty-suit appearances' come with a cost that our country/state can no longer afford!

Last edited by jghorton; 01-28-2013 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
So Scott takes over in the abyss of the recession and is now going to try and position himself as some sort of savior as the economy had nowhere to go but up. Please!
As for the raises for teachers, that's just pandering because he's scared poop-less about the election in 2014 and needs to find some friends in a hurry.
If it was a democrat in officer you would be praising him. So I guess the same can be said about President Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida