Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:28 AM

517 posts, read 1,091,728 times

Advertisements

For me, a number of things, but what made me want to start this thread was seeing this:

Sarasota scientists discovered dolphins give each other names - Tampa Bay News, Weather, and Sports | WFLA

I love that these (and other) amazing creatures share our shorelines.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
It's been a few years since I lived in Florida, but I miss the warm weather, nice homes, residential pools, beaches and ample parking.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 AM

57 posts, read 113,697 times
I'm a native floridian. I love old florida. the springs, big live oaks with spanish moss, orange groves, all the old tourist attractions like silver springs, and everying north of orlando that hasn't been paved under yet. I love the weather, and many summer nights will find me out on the river swatting mosquitos. I love the beaches, the fishing, the hunting, the diving, everything. I'm out of state in school and I can't wait to get back. 8 weeks til i'm home!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
owls and bald eagles and herons and egrets and pelicans and snakes and frogs and gopher tortoises and sea turtles and bobcats and fox and armadillos and wild pigs.

scraggly oak trees and saw palmettos and sabal palms and spanish moss and wild mushrooms and mangroves and buttonwood and scrub habitat.

springs and bays and the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean and creeks and rivers and wetlands and lakes and ponds.

blue crabs and stone crabs and hermit crabs and jellyfish and manatees and snook and sheepshead and mullet and snapper and stingrays and shellfish and seashells and sharksteeth and sharks and dolphin.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I enjoy the pleasantly warm weather, the beaches, the sunshine, the summertime thunderstorms, fishing opportunities, tropical landscaping of south FL, theme parks of Orlando, the gulf coast, the everglades, the va va voom of Miami, the turquois waters of Miami Beach, Beautiful Siesta Key in Sarasota, etc

Old 03-10-2013, 02:18 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
I like that everything is new (SWFL here) ..old here is a home built in thr 80's ... Up north it's 1900's.

-Flat roads well maintained
-maintained medians
-No snow, ice, sleet or cold
-no grey sky's or dead trees for months on end... Flowers bloom in feb here
-living less than 15 mins from the beach
- most fruits are sold year round down here... I found it unbelievable that I couldn't get oranges and strawberries in NH in Jan. had to have them mailed .
- my childhood summers consisted of pool, beach, pool, beach.. By summer i mean from

march-oct. no need for gas in my home.. My electric is just one bill .. Not electric + gas

Old 03-10-2013, 02:38 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I've lived in Florida almost my entire life on and off. I love the diversity here, by that I not only mean the people by the places, geography, entertainment, lifestyle. One day you could be partying to the world class nightlife of South Beach, the next fishing the world class waters of southwest Florida, the next you could be at world class theme parks or Orlando or world class beaches of Tampa Bay. You can see old Florida in north of I-4 or the new booming Florida south of I-4. You can be in the sandy beaches one day and the rolling hills of central and north Florida the next day. The warm gulf or atlantic waters or the icy clear springs. 80's degrees sunbathing in south Florida, than take a few hours drive north to the beautiful and moderate Central/North Florida 50's winter. Glitz and glam of a Miami heat celebrity studded game or a good old tailgating Saturday on campus in Gainesville or Tallahassee. I could go on and on. It's not for everybody, but having lived here most of my life and no matter where I go this will always be home, I'm proud to be a Florida Boy!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
My favorite things about living in Florida was the wide open spaces, Oak trees with Spanish Moss, Palm Trees, NICE beaches, and the weather.

Of course, as a child growing up in Eastern Hillsborough County, It was a 30 minute drive to get to a McDonalds or Walmart, today people in that area can accomplish that in half that time.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:46 PM

14 posts, read 15,644 times
Everything Lol FLORIDA LOVE!!

Old 05-17-2016, 06:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida