Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:11 PM

2,417 posts, read 2,989,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicaldreams View Post
Do not miss Waterfront Park! I only recently discovered this park & it's our favorite!!
That's my favorite park too! It's a great place to bring a lunch and watch the boats go by.

Today I drove around Pine Lakes Apts. for the first time. It's a lot bigger than I thought. It doesn't look like it has a pool, but they do have a little playground, car wash, and dog run. Looks very dog friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM

155 posts, read 349,179 times
You may want to avoid R, P, B and any duplex or strictly apartment communities. I think your idea of a rental condo in a better area like tidelands would be the way to go. Also, plenty of nice rental homes in the better areas. You may want to visit for a while first. At least for a few weeks if you can swing it, and really get to know the area. You know the closest real, safe mall is 50 miles away at Jax Town Center (an Easton clone) and Whole Foods is also about 50 miles up the road in Jax. We're a bit isolated here. It's small town but we're getting a Planet Fitness! Oh happy day, no more crummy little mom and pop gym.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 890 times
We're moving to Palm Coast when we retire in November and this life-long Connecticut resident cannot WAIT to leave the cold and snow behind. Not sure yet exactly where in Palm Coast we'll purchase, but honestly, we'd rather not move twice (from Connecticut to rental to house).

House-shopping has been both productive and frustrating. It is proving more difficult than expected to locate the type of home we desire in the type of area we prefer -- quiet, away from shopping areas and traffic noise.

The homes we like the best have been located in R, P & B sections, which have a less than desirable reputation. Also, I'm not thrilled about living adjacent to a 'fresh water canal' which is really just a 'drainage system'. Thus far it has been impossible to get a straight answer to questions regarding mosquitos in and around canals. Anyone?

Nevertheless, I look forward to saying goodbye to long, cold, dreary winters and hello to Florida sunshine & extended summers.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:10 AM

227 posts, read 856,483 times
I live in Indian Trails "B" section and living on one of those canals. I would much rather look at my canal and be able to watch the blue heron's and numerous other birds that use it and listen to the frogs than looking at a white fence! The drainage system also prevents us from flooding and has worked very well.

Mosquito's have not been an issue for all the year's we've lived here as they spray to make sure no infestations. I see people walking or working outside including myself. Not sure how Indian Trails got the reputation as it was always the original B section near Woodhaven that had issues which is on the east side of 95. All our families live in the Indian Trails B section with no difficulties. Mind you I am talking some here 20 yrs. Yes, the duplex areas will have problems depending of course on the type tenants.

You will truly enjoy the weather here and while we can get chilly in the winter it is nothing like up north. We have so many great parks to enjoy! Good luck with your decisions.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:24 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,944 times
I would consider living south in Ormond beach before I would live in flagler county better schools and lots of shopping areas

Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 AM

2,417 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Flagler county schools rank 11th in the state. I can't imagine living in Ormond Beach over Palm Coast. If you need the BEST schools in the state, just go up the road a little to St John's county. They're #1 in the state.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 765 times
Palm Coast: a great place to live if you don't have to work. If you do have to work and are lucky enough to land yourself a part-time 20hr/week minimum wage job you can apply for food stamps and struggle to survive somehow trying to pay your rent and utilities and the $420.00 vehicle registration fee. Anytime you apply for a mindless, minimum wage job you'll be asked to fill out a two-three hour long assessment after which you will probably never be accorded the courtesy of being called to let you know that they don't need you or you might be called in for a bogus interview to fill their requirement of interviewing three people to fill a position that in all likelihood has already been filled by one of their friends or relatives. So, yes, absolutely come on down and join in the struggle to survive. It's a blast! Yeah right. In all fairness though, the area beaches are pretty nice.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryDisappointed View Post
Palm Coast: a great place to live if you don't have to work. If you do have to work and are lucky enough to land yourself a part-time 20hr/week minimum wage job you can apply for food stamps and struggle to survive somehow trying to pay your rent and utilities and the $420.00 vehicle registration fee. Anytime you apply for a mindless, minimum wage job you'll be asked to fill out a two-three hour long assessment after which you will probably never be accorded the courtesy of being called to let you know that they don't need you or you might be called in for a bogus interview to fill their requirement of interviewing three people to fill a position that in all likelihood has already been filled by one of their friends or relatives. So, yes, absolutely come on down and join in the struggle to survive. It's a blast! Yeah right. In all fairness though, the area beaches are pretty nice.

Did you research this area at all before you moved here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida