Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,901,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You can ask that question about anything related to taste. Why are people so desperate to defend the yellow color? They must be in denial(they probably think blue is prettier) because if yellow was that great, they would keep it a secret so competition for yellow items could remain low.
Here's the thing about Florida...

If you have money, a good job, or are married to someone with money and a good job, Florida is the most wonderful place in the world to be, live, play, and enjoy life.

Unfortunately, a large majority of those that live, work, and play in Florida don't have money, don't have a high paying job, and aren't married to someone with money and a high paying job.

I feel that this is the reason why you'll see 7 negative comments about the state out of 10, and it seems that many of the positive comments have come from people that don't even live there yet and/or never have. Such as SunnyDays, when (s)he lived in Ohio and would be just as annoying as Prius is currently..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 03:38 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Why are Floridians so desperate to prove how "great" FL is?
Probably because on message boards like this one, Floridians are inundated w/ negativity such as yours and several of other usual suspects posting on this threads. The names are very recognizable from the Tampa Bay forum.

There are several reasons why FLA is one on of the top regions for emigration into the state from other states.

Geographical Mobility/Migration - State-to-State Migration Flows - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Old 07-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Probably because on message boards like this one, Floridians are inundated w/ negativity such as yours and several of other usual suspects posting on this threads. The names are very recognizable from the Tampa Bay forum.

There are several reasons why FLA is one on of the top regions for emigration into the state from other states.

Geographical Mobility/Migration - State-to-State Migration Flows - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau
Florida has been a "top destination" for relocation forever, at least specifically since the 1960's-1970's. What's that got to do with it?

People with money that can afford to live there have no problems.

What's striking is how many residents of the State of Florida were born somewhere else...

The states with the most native-born residents

Old 07-11-2013, 03:51 PM

If I went onto the Nebraska message board and continuously trashed their state for no particular reason, do you think their locals would possibly "desperately prove how great their state is"?

I think they would. Pride in one's state - is that a bad thing?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,241 times
[quote=TXRyan23;30437443]Here's the thing about INSERT ANY STATE HERE...

If you have money, a good job, or are married to someone with money and a good job, INSERT ANY STATE HERE is the most wonderful place in the world to be, live, play, and enjoy life.

QUOTE]

Here it is in a nutshell. No matter what place you are talking about, if you have no money, it plain sucks to live there. If you have money, it can be a great place to be. I for one am sick and tired of this fact.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:54 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...ess-about.html

Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If I went onto the Nebraska message board and continuously trashed their state for no particular reason, do you think their locals would possibly "desperately prove how great their state is"?

I think they would. Pride in one's state - is that a bad thing?
Not at all, but there is a difference in pride and ignoring the facts and giving false information to people that come on this board with the tired old "Florida Dream" that they're going to move down to Boca, have a Florida OJ with every meal, and live at the beach 24/7.

People often hear about the sunshine, the attractions, and all the benefits of living in Florida, but hardly ever hear about the economy, the low paying jobs, and the cost of living there.

There are some wonderful things about life in Florida, but there's also a LOT of bad things.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Here's the thing about INSERT ANY STATE HERE...

If you have money, a good job, or are married to someone with money and a good job, INSERT ANY STATE HERE is the most wonderful place in the world to be, live, play, and enjoy life.
Here it is in a nutshell. No matter what place you are talking about, if you have no money, it plain sucks to live there. If you have money, it can be a great place to be. I for one am sick and tired of this fact.
I don't know... I don't think you could pay me enough money to live in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Utah, or Mississippi.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM

5,033 posts, read 7,235,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I thought I was the only one who wondered about that.
It's got it's good and bad points like anywhere else.

So many get beyond offended if someone doesn't like the area.
Who cares???
I sure don't.
I've never understood the touchiness, either. Let's face it-Florida has unique weather, unique culture, unique economics, etc. and it's uniqueness and oddities aren't for everyone and they get tiresome to many as the decades roll on. Luckily for me, the only place I run into the wild eyed cheerleader cult is on CD and I can log out at any time.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I don't know... I don't think you could pay me enough money to live in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Utah, or Mississippi.
More cluelessness on your part. I've been to three of the four states and they are great places - do you just post in order to be contrarian/argumentative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida