Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,599,036 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is a repost, but I heard nothing about this on the news in my area. There are a lot of claims of a major cover up going on with this.

Brothers Murdered Over ‘Free Zimmerman’ Sticker, Critics Cry Hate Crime Cover-Up

Andrew and Matthew Bohannon Shot To Death In Truck Sporting 'Free Zimmerman' Bumper Sticker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
No news of motive, so I do not know how anyone can come to any conclusion yet.

Given the brothers were just sitting in the parking lot, seems they may have been expecting a meeting?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No news of motive, so I do not know how anyone can come to any conclusion yet.

Given the brothers were just sitting in the parking lot, seems they may have been expecting a meeting?
I thought the same thing about a motive but apparently the sheriff is psychic and stated there was no link to the Zimmerman case, they stated this before they did pick up a suspect in the case.

Quote:
"Normandy Blvd. Shooting Update - We have had numerous inquiries, blog comments, and Facebook postings about the relationship between the Normandy double homicide last night in the Golden Corral parking lot and the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial. We are confident to say where we are in the investigation that this is not the case at all. There is NO link at all between these cases, nor did we ever suspect one."

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times
Amazing how without concluding the investigation, the sheriff already knows what was in the mind of the killer.

IMO, it could have had to do with it or maybe it did not, but just as in the Zimmerman case.....we need to see all the facts first. Shame in the sheriff for already trying to sway opinions and or facts. JMO of course.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:01 PM

There appears to be some conflicting stories, stating the Zimmerman case had nothing to do with it and that the two brothers were Drug Dealers. Then there is a few sites saying that this is a cover-up by the JAX Police Dept.....I do not know what to believe?

Law & Disorder: Brothers killed in Jacksonville restaurant parking lot over drugs, police say | jacksonville.com

Four charged in Golden Corral killings, police release photos|Action News - Jacksonville News, Weather & Sports - ActionNewsJax.com

Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
I believe more will die if riots break out. Police will return fire in self defense. It will not be pretty. Riots are not the answer. I lived very near where the Detroit riots were in the 60's and watched them on live TV. If people keep pushing this envelope it will get people killed and not by Z.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 PM

What concerns me the most is seeing a greater racial divide brewing...years of work down the drain and if riots break out the effect it will have on people's thoughts and emotions towards it...

Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
What concerns me the most is seeing a greater racial divide brewing...years of work down the drain and if riots break out the effect it will have on people's thoughts and emotions towards it...
Too many race baiters making lots of money off of ensuring racial tensions survive. It will never go away. Too many people and organizations want it to continue.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
"We are confident to say where we are in the investigation that this is not the case at all."

May be my english is not so good, but to me this means, at this point in their investigation they are pretty confident that is not the case, so they have not finished their investigation but they know enough to know that it wasn't because of the sticker, this wasnt the sheriff at teh moment of the reporting of the crime saying this, this is the sheriff saying this at a point during the investigation.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM

633 posts, read 1,013,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Exactly... and the media is just fanning the flames. Anything for additional attention... even negative and destructive hateful attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: