Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalizing marijuana?
Yes 86 73.50%
No 18 15.38%
Only Medically 13 11.11%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM

411 posts, read 831,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Look I may precieved as a "stick in the mud", but the realities I have posted are good very valide points. No corperate employer will consider you or assume the risk involved.
Understand that there people who do smoke and consider "weed" as their recreational party favor.

Until it passes by the voters and the law is writen in a way where employers can not use THC as a guage of employment, this will go no where. We can wiegh the over evils of socaity, my gun, my suv and other guys loud music. You get what I mean.

If does passes I will not use that product. Again I do not even smoke. Also if someone ask "I will still be against smoking pot" i personally. This my choice and I would not encourge others to do so either.

Wrong path! Play ball with your Son and spend quality time with your Family or your love one. Go to your daughter's Soccer Game. You and others just may not wish to smoke Weed . Becuase , you are wasting time and cheating the people you love.

Food for thought?

Ghost man, so you're for freedom if it is something you want to do, but against people having the freedom to engage in activities that you oppose.

Corporations already employ millions of people who smoke marijuana all day and there are many fathers who play ball with their children while smoking marijuana. Your problem is that for years you have been presented with an unrealistic image of people who smoke marijuana, which all people who actually know something about marijuana know is completely false. Since, you said you were involved with "fighting the drug war" I'm not really surprised that your head is filled with an inaccurate nonsense view of marijuana.

Again, though, I'm talking about freedom versus non-freedom, not about all of the wonderful things that will occur with legalization, like greatly reducing our prison population and the time moron police spend tracking down marijuana dealers when they could actually be doing something worthwhile, such as, looking for violent offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 12:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
No, simply because like tobacco smoke, you're polluting the air of others. If you want to make brownies or something like that, by all means have at it, but to put others at risk with your second hand smoke is unacceptable.
Since I don not smoke any thing I forgot about that point. Good point.

The other think is one can not smoke in Federal Property and many state and city ordinaces have strick no smoking laws. Look AT NEW YORK!!!

Thank You for posting!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Ghost man, so you're for freedom if it is something you want to do, but against people having the freedom to engage in activities that you oppose.

Corporations already employ millions of people who smoke marijuana all day and there are many fathers who play ball with their children while smoking marijuana. Your problem is that for years you have been presented with an unrealistic image of people who smoke marijuana, which all people who actually know something about marijuana know is completely false. Since, you said you were involved with "fighting the drug war" I'm not really surprised that your head is filled with an inaccurate nonsense view of marijuana.

Again, though, I'm talking about freedom versus non-freedom, not about all of the wonderful things that will occur with legalization, like greatly reducing our prison population and the time moron police spend tracking down marijuana dealers when they could actually be doing something worthwhile, such as, looking for violent offenders.

Freedom I understand, but Freedom with respondbility is more accurate. I n heavy Mining, Welding and Fabrication, ship building, and host of many dangerious risk businesses I am completely right. My focus is on my employees's safety!

If you are talking about Hunting down and proscuting Marijuana Dealers and the recreational smoker you may have a point. I have seen that revolving door. They just seem to come back with all of the risk of prison.

Personally I rather go out a a Hot Date with my wife, than smoke Weed.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:40 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Yep, that's all this country needs -- more stoners with zero ambition. That'll get our country moving in the right direction.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM

411 posts, read 831,990 times
Quote:
Freedom I understand, but Freedom with respondbility is more accurate. I n heavy Mining, Welding and Fabrication, ship building, and host of many dangerious risk businesses I am completely right. My focus is on my employees's safety!

If you are talking about Hunting down and proscuting Marijuana Dealers and the recreational smoker you may have a point. I have seen that revolving door. They just seem to come back with all of the risk of prison.

Personally I rather go out a a Hot Date with my wife, than smoke Weed.
If you're operating a Caterpillar 740B EJ it is probably not a great idea to do so while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, although there are some drugs out there that would actually improve an operator's performance, however in this case marijuana is likely not one of them. When an operator is done destroying the environment there should not be any problem with such a person smoking marijuana. Now, I would argue that a little marijuana would dramatically improve the performance of people employed in some occupations, such as in the fast food industry.

I know a pizza shop owner that has noticed a tremendous rise in employee productivity since he has essentially decided not to notice when his employees using marijuana on the job.

I'd rather do several things other than sitting in my house smoking weed all day as I would assume most people would, which is the but this is really not the point. People who like smoking weed more than going out on hot dates with their spouses are already doing it, the point is to stop wasting money tracking down and imprisoning these people for simply enjoying marijuana.

It is clear the DEA needs to be shut down or their efforts need to be refocused into an area that would actually benefit society such as monitoring the financial industry, which apparently the government can't do effectively because there is not enough money in the budget for it, which is strange because apparently this budget allows for hundreds of millions of dollars to be spent on tracking down elderly women that are illegally growing marijuana in their backyards.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default Education and good critical thinking skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Yep, that's all this country needs -- more stoners with zero ambition. That'll get our country moving in the right direction.
What this country needs is people with good critical thinking skills and education on a topic, before they spout nonsense.

There are many people who have indulged in cannabis use while achieving great things, becoming president, winning at sports, making music, and other art, as well as many other pursuits.

The stereotype of "stoners" having no ambition are just that, stereotypes. So called "stoner movies" are movies, NOT real life. They are made for comic entertainment, not as a documentary.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 09-17-2013, 06:18 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
I will just say this, if alchohal is legal(which keep in mind is far worse than pot), marijana should be legal

Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Meh. A non-stoner can be just as disappointing as a stoner. If anything, marijuana can help you KNOW your true potential instead of waiting for some sort of signs. A very high form of introspection. That alone can push you forward to greater things. That will be the age where the US will be known for its wise men and women.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Meh. A non-stoner can be just as disappointing as a stoner. If anything, marijuana can help you KNOW your true potential instead of waiting for some sort of signs. A very high form of introspection. That alone can push you forward to greater things. That will be the age where the US will be known for its wise men and women.
I am sorry you are stilled impaired and there is something wrong if you have to depend on a drug to function in life.

"Greater things", May be so and Maybe not,

May I suggest a good brisk walk with your dog. Work out in the Gym?

Stonedin life, What ever!!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times
Quote:
I am sorry you are stilled impaired and there is something wrong if you have to depend on a drug to function in life.

"Greater things", May be so and Maybe not,

May I suggest a good brisk walk with your dog. Work out in the Gym?

Stonedin life, What ever!!
"its a Sin and not its not of God. But the other consideration is Free will.

People make choices and the question is ? Will they be swimming in the Lake of Fire? or go to Gods Great Promise?
At any rate, I will pray for them to come to Jesus" - GHOSTRIDER AZ

Like I said, one who realizes their own potential wouldn't need to attach themselves to "these" things. Sure, not all stoners don't come out to be a Nostradamus. But many can benefit from the psychological benefits.

Also, instead of waiting to be "saved" your whole life, why don't you walk your dog and work out in the gym? In other words, stop waiting for some trip to heaven and bring down heaven to the Earth? But you wouldn't understand. You're still walking around with too many uncertainties. That just holds you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: