Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:03 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,588,093 times

Advertisements

Good job Gov. Scott. Its great having an adult in charge that will do the right thing. While other states are having to cut-cut-cut, we have over a dollar surplus under your leadership and now he is looking to give us some tax cuts as well. GOOD JOB Gov Scott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM

5,028 posts, read 7,230,264 times
Birds of a feather...

Chris Christie Headlining Event For Rick Scott Amid Bridge Scandal

Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,674 times
Oh like cutting education? Oh, you mean ripping of millions of seniors? Oh duh, you mean the tax cuts that will only benifit the rich?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Oh like cutting education? Oh, you mean ripping of millions of seniors? Oh duh, you mean the tax cuts that will only benifit the rich?
Please show me the FL tax cuts that only benefit the rich.....

Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Please show me the FL tax cuts that only benefit the rich.....

Add rich with successful, something some people get confused.

Many people get rich by being very successful and some people cannot stand for Gov Scott to be a wealthy man.

He has done very well considering he was left in a hole by the two faced lawyer owned puppet Crist. Just dropping the unemployment rate of 11.0%+ by Crist to 6.0% is a major accomplishment itself.

You wont get some people to see his accomplishments. They will whine all day long about things that really does not effect them personally at all.

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 01-11-2014 at 12:45 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 PM

663 posts, read 1,145,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I'm not a Christie fan, but King Obama has about fifty scandals that he has never answered for, but let's not talk about that.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:20 PM

5,028 posts, read 7,230,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
I'm not a Christie fan, but King Obama has about fifty scandals that he has never answered for, but let's not talk about that.
Yes, this is about your esteemed Governor and his BFFs.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Lets talk about the before and after.

Before Charlie Crist was Governor and drove the train wreck into massive job losses and pushed many into foreclosure and bankruptcy. He left the now Governor with a huge hole to fix. Unemployment was above 11% when he left. Record foreclosures under his term as Governor. Record bankruptcy filing during his term as Governor.

BFF - His bundlers and friends are well known attorneys in Florida who help illegals and criminals get off being criminals and they raise a ton of money for Crist. Not was you would want to brag about as Crist tries to hide his BFF lawyers in Orlando.

Now, Scott has turned things around. Unemployment is below 6%. He has a massive revenue while cutting wasteful spending on many subjects such as overpaid teachers, state over paid union workers etc etc.

Comparing the two, neither are perfect but Scott has proven he can get jobs done, manage and stop wasting tax payers money and has us going forward instead of backwards like two faced Crist did.

And Scott has also had to deal with an idiot in the WH who is hell bent on causing any state ran by a Rep Governor problems as he knows the best ran states in the USA are ran by Rep. Governors.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:19 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
Note that the state is currently not spending money that's supposed to be spent on dedicated projects in order to make the numbers good, and Jeb! managed to rack up bigger budget surpluses ($6 billion in 2006) back in his time while spending $300 million a year on conservation land purchases compared to the $20 million that Florida Forever currently gets

Environment - Balance land acquisition and preservation | Bright Ideas for Florida in 2014 - Florida Trend

Old 01-11-2014, 05:42 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Seems to me that Governor Crist was in office during the build up to the housing and Wall Street crash and eventually the actual housing and Wall Street crash which completely crippled the nations economy and Florida's economy even more so...

It also seems to me that Governor Scott has been in office during the stabilization and slow recovery from the brink of collapse of the nations economy.....

I'm not to sure if either one of these guys had (or has) much to do with Florida's economy....

Florida (in modern history) has always been a "go as the nation goes" economy....

If people in other states are doing well...that benefits Florida's economy because of tourism, retirees, and housing....it has always been that way- it's the way Florida's economy works...

I'm not crazy about either one of those guys.....especially Governor Scott...

But the only thing I see that Rick Scott has done is be a typical corporate "hatchet man".....

It doesn't take any special talent or leadership to "take a hatchet to the budget" and act like the hero...

Corporations have been hiring "hatchet men" for decades and decades....they are a dime a dozen.

I'm not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: