Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:35 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebin View Post
New Yorker here. I have to disagree.
I have visited Tampa during the summer. The sun is more direct and the heat is intense.
Even if the temperature is the same in NY or Tampa, it does not feel the same.
I agree. Yes, it can get hotter in NY during the summer than Tampa temperature-wise, but the different is, it doesn't last ALL SUMMER LONG like it does down here. Sooner or later there's a break in the weather and the temps come down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
I found to the summers to be fine in South Florida but I like the heat..I HATE winter so the Florida weather was perfect for me

Yes Im in NJ and its Flippin COLD...another 2-4 inches tomorrow and then by Thursday 52 degrees woohoo...

Old 02-14-2014, 07:46 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I remember too many mornings coming up the stairs from the subway, soaked in sweat and then get to the office and run into the telecommunications center and enjoy the 72 degree air there. Going out for lunch and looking down fifth ave and I couldnt see most of the empire state building because it was wrapped in haze.

Summer weather forecast NYC: Hazy Hot Humid.

Then comes winter an we know what that is like.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:47 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I agree. Yes, it can get hotter in NY during the summer than Tampa temperature-wise, but the different is, it doesn't last ALL SUMMER LONG like it does down here. Sooner or later there's a break in the weather and the temps come down.
They are usually long hot summers. You just live for it to be labor day there.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:57 PM

41 posts, read 75,399 times
I lived in Tampa for a year and a half and happily moved back to the Midwest. I missed the urbanity of the major Midwest cities that was lacking in Tampa. Downtown Tampa was incredibly dead after about 5:30 pm nearly every evening. Right now we are getting ready to break the all time record for most snow in one winter season. The record is 51 inches - and we got about 5 1/2 more today and are now up to 50.5 inches. We'll probably break the record this weekend as a couple more inches are expected. Its really very beautiful actually. The latest snow is very pretty and has left everything covered in white. This snowfall wasn't too bad because it wasn't extremely cold. It has been in the 20's most of the day. A few of the big snows earlier in the season came at the same time as some very, very cold weather -- and that was no fun. Temps fell to well below zero for the overnight lows several days in a row. That is not fun and is dangerous. Anyway -- with all of that said -- I still prefer living in the Midwest and would not want to move to any city in Florida. I'll spend a ten day vacation in South Florida every once in a while during late January or early February -- but that's about as much time as I'd want to spend down there. Living in Florida year round is not my idea of a good place to be. Didn't like the hot temps (over 90 degrees) pretty much continuously from late March to late October.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:58 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I found to the summers to be fine in South Florida but I like the heat..I HATE winter so the Florida weather was perfect for me

Yes Im in NJ and its Flippin COLD...another 2-4 inches tomorrow and then by Thursday 52 degrees woohoo...

I checked the weather in Charlotte... already gonna get up into the mid-60s in a cpl days...

Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I checked the weather in Charlotte... already gonna get up into the mid-60s in a cpl days...
yes and they are calling for snow showers sunday morning...my friend in charlotte has 10.5 inches of snow..right now Schools have been closed since Tuesday

Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Ahh, so awesome. SC/NC has the best weather b/c they get warm summers for those who like that, cold but not too cold winters, and some snow but not nearly enough for it to be a hassle. Spring and Fall are awesome and tons of ppl go to NC to look at Fall colors. Best weather in the country in my opinion.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Ahh, so awesome. SC/NC has the best weather b/c they get warm summers for those who like that, cold but not too cold winters, and some snow but not nearly enough for it to be a hassle. Spring and Fall are awesome and tons of ppl go to NC to look at Fall colors. Best weather in the country in my opinion.
I would have agreed with you 7 years ago when we 1st moved there...The Winters there the last 3 years have absolutely been a True Winter...The spring not much it was only about 9 degrees warmer for Spring than here in Jersey which isn't too bad so that has changed too and last year Summer was BRUTAL even hotter than Florida and NY...and I LOVE the heat...lol

I was disappointed about the changing of the Leaves, Winter Came early in Charlotte and then you started to see all the leaves falling and started to get quite chilly...

That was what we liked about NC was the weather but it has significantly changed over the years...and the past few have been the Coldest it seems to be a Trend...its going to be here 52 degrees on Thursday

Old 02-14-2014, 08:42 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
Quote:
I take it you've never been to Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida