Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 10:41 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Agree with first part. I like the water warm and toasty.
Disagree with second part. Oppressive is your opinion.

Nice and perfect is mine.

Gulf side beaches win awards over and over, ocean side hardly ever. Guess it is oppressive to those who dont know a good thing.

Once again....

I have lived in Florida since 1987....

I know all about the beaches, trust me.

Stop trying to "educate" me about Florida when you've lived here for like 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Once again....

I have lived in Florida since 1987....

I know all about the beaches, trust me.

Stop trying to "educate" me about Florida when you've lived here for like 3 years.
lol, she tries to "educate" us all.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
No doubt about it. If is where it is at. Either you like hot humid weather or you dont. That is something that has to be dealt with just like northerners deal with temps

If you dont like hot and humid you should not be here from April - November. The "snowbirds" figured that out a long time ago.

Of course there are people who thrive in temps with the highs being less than 50 for 6 months a year and then there are those who thrive in temps that do not drop below 50 degrees and have highs in the lower 90's in the summer months. Of course us 50 degree minimum people suffer through January and February when it can get and stay pretty cold for several days at a time.

Strange as it may be though, there are folks who have been here for decades and hate the hot weather we get from May-October. Not only that but they continue to stay where wages are very low, cost of living is high and everything else just plain ole sucks.

There are people who thrive in temps with the highs being less than 50 for 6 months a year and then there are those who thrive in temps that drop below 50 degrees and have highs in the lower 90's in the summer months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Look, guys. Florida is where it's at.
Celebrities, palm trees, beaches. We've got it all!

come and get it! jk

Old 01-25-2014, 01:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
lol, she tries to "educate" us all.

And I have many of you that fall into the fake knowledge category.

It gets old "I know more because I have lived here longer" I know better. Those who sit on the computer inside 24-7 365 do not know enough about Florida to even post about it and that we have many of here in the forums.

I knew and know more about Florida when I did not live here then most couch potato computer living wanna bes do or ever will.

LOL I was told when I did not live here, "hey, you cannot post that because you dont live here" Then when I moved here certain posters changed that to "hey, you have not lived here long enough".

You cannot go to work, come home and sit on your can and pretend you know many things about Florida.

You have to get out of the house to see things.

To steal a line from Richard Sherman, I am better at life then you are!! And I might add. And I know it.

The edumucation of some people will continue on many things about life, money, family values, moral values Florida and a host of many other things.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:36 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Agree with first part. I like the water warm and toasty.
Disagree with second part. Oppressive is your opinion.

Nice and perfect is mine.

Gulf side beaches win awards over and over, ocean side hardly ever. Guess it is oppressive to those who dont know a good thing.
It all boils down to what you consider a "good thing". Floridas overall population seems to get a lot smaller in the summer months. Those people must have a different idea of a "good thing". Some like it, some don't. A cool breeze blowing thru a open window is pretty nice.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:43 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,938 times
Quote:
And I have many of you that fall into the fake knowledge category.

It gets old "I know more because I have lived here longer" I know better. Those who sit on the computer inside 24-7 365 do not know enough about Florida to even post about it and that we have many of here in the forums.

I knew and know more about Florida when I did not live here then most couch potato computer living wanna bes do or ever will.

LOL I was told when I did not live here, "hey, you cannot post that because you dont live here" Then when I moved here certain posters changed that to "hey, you have not lived here long enough".

You cannot go to work, come home and sit on your can and pretend you know many things about Florida.

You have to get out of the house to see things.

To steal a line from Richard Sherman, I am better at life then you are!! And I might add. And I know it.

The edumucation of some people will continue on many things about life, money, family values, moral values Florida and a host of many other things.

That entire post is a joke.

I have 703 posts since 2007 (833 rep score....that's right- more reps than posts)....

YOU HAVE 11,261 POSTS SINCE 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

OVER 11 THOUSAND POSTS..............

Who's sitting inside on their computer all day?????????????????????????

YOU ARE.....

NUMBERS DON'T LIE IN THIS CASE.

GO AWAY.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:

I have 703 posts since 2007 (833 rep score....that's right- more reps than posts)....

YOU HAVE 11,261 POSTS SINCE 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

YOU ARE.....

GO AWAY.

OMG

I have to educate you again.

10,800 post was when I lived in Ohio freezing to death. DUH

less then 600 since I moved to Florida 3 years ago.

I will do the math for you.

3 years in Ohio 10,000+ post.

3 years in Florida 600 post. See the difference.

Why should I go away? Why dont you because it gets old correcting and educating you.

But nice try anyway. Get the facts correct before you post next time so I dont have to waste my time fixing the constant misinformation.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:11 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Re: These people you know.... What problems do they expect will be solved by moving to FL?
That there will be plentyful of jobs and its utopia...sorry but as much as I really liked Florida its neither

oh WE have more snow but the good news after 7 yrs of being away, we will be celebrating tomorrow with my sister and Brother in law and kids let it snow....Now my parents call to complain how cold S Florida is I laughed last night...lol

Old 01-25-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
It all boils down to what you consider a "good thing". Floridas overall population seems to get a lot smaller in the summer months. Those people must have a different idea of a "good thing". Some like it, some don't. A cool breeze blowing thru a open window is pretty nice.

So the reason you spent 10 years on the GULF SIDE means what?

We are talking about the gulf water temps etc vs the east coast side here.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:36 PM

109 posts, read 143,833 times
Quote:

YOU ARE.....

GO AWAY.

Dude, you just got owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida