Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 07:57 PM

4 posts, read 3,957 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are getting ready for the last trip to FL to decide where to purchase our new home. Any advise on followings are appreciated. Thank you!
1- Thinking to purchase either from GL homes in Bridges (Delray) or Tall Brothers in Parkland. Any comments regarding both communities and builders as well?
2- Have one 9 years old, looking for good schools. We welcome comments about public and private schools in both cities.
3-We love the beach and dreaming about taking long walks. However we have 700K budget for home and furnishing. Any other new homes/neighborhoods/ close to this areas? Or which location one would be a wiser choice?
4-We have a small online business, going to need a warehouse approx. 10000 sqf and will be looking to hire around 10 people. Prefer to be close to work. Where would be easier to hire and rent?
Last question, should we hire a real estate agent since we purchase a new home?
Thank you in advance for your time and sharing your thoughts with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom&pop View Post
Hello all,
We are getting ready for the last trip to FL to decide where to purchase our new home. Any advise on followings are appreciated. Thank you!
1- Thinking to purchase either from GL homes in Bridges (Delray) or Tall Brothers in Parkland. Any comments regarding both communities and builders as well?
2- Have one 9 years old, looking for good schools. We welcome comments about public and private schools in both cities.
3-We love the beach and dreaming about taking long walks. However we have 700K budget for home and furnishing. Any other new homes/neighborhoods/ close to this areas? Or which location one would be a wiser choice?
4-We have a small online business, going to need a warehouse approx. 10000 sqf and will be looking to hire around 10 people. Prefer to be close to work. Where would be easier to hire and rent?
Last question, should we hire a real estate agent since we purchase a new home?
Thank you in advance for your time and sharing your thoughts with us.
My best Advice is to RENT 1st....We are glad we did...Toll brothers in Boca (Azura) on Jog Rd although they might be out of your price range....Very nice development with good schools....Calusa Elem, Omni Middle and Spanish River High School....my kids went to all these schools and we were happy...

Old 02-10-2014, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
Mom&Pop - we are doing the same exact thing coming down from NJ. We just returned today from our exploratory mission. We had a much better sales experience at The Bridges than at Toll Bros. Bridges is almost sold out but 7 Bridges is launching soon. Also, Parkland GCC is also nearly out of lots in our similar price range but also launching more soon. I think Azura is out of that range. Lot premiums, upgrades and other "hidden" things are involved so we ended up looking at a smaller house to stay in these neighborhoods.

We used a great agent, David Serle - 561-756-3104, who has just gone through this same exercise with our family (we have an 18 month old but schools were still very important to us). You do not get a better deal by not using an agent so I'd recommend it (I'm a broker and real estate attorney and still used one). I thought Parkland had the edge in schools but we are comfortable with our decision at The Bridges. We are not renting first although I can't disagree that it would be prudent to do so.

I did feel that we would be able to go to the beach more from The Bridges.

Happy to compare notes if you have further questions. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,637 times
I'm a licensed realtor and work a ton in Boca Raton but also have shown properties in Parkland. If you would like me to email you some listings so you can see prices and houses down here you can reach me at [email]kdorr615@gmail.com[/email]. Would love to help you find a place I would suggest renting first so you know you're in an area you love.

Parkland is a bit west - I would suggest looking in Boca Raton in the neighborhood of Palm Beach Farms. They have decent priced homes and you are literally 2 miles from the beach. Great neighborhood for kids as well!

Old 02-10-2014, 03:25 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTooCold View Post
Mom&Pop - we are doing the same exact thing coming down from NJ. We just returned today from our exploratory mission. We had a much better sales experience at The Bridges than at Toll Bros. Bridges is almost sold out but 7 Bridges is launching soon. Also, Parkland GCC is also nearly out of lots in our similar price range but also launching more soon. I think Azura is out of that range. Lot premiums, upgrades and other "hidden" things are involved so we ended up looking at a smaller house to stay in these neighborhoods.

We used a great agent, David Serle - 561-756-3104, who has just gone through this same exercise with our family (we have an 18 month old but schools were still very important to us). You do not get a better deal by not using an agent so I'd recommend it (I'm a broker and real estate attorney and still used one). I thought Parkland had the edge in schools but we are comfortable with our decision at The Bridges. We are not renting first although I can't disagree that it would be prudent to do so.

I did feel that we would be able to go to the beach more from The Bridges.

Happy to compare notes if you have further questions. Good luck.

You do know the Bridges are in Delray? Just making sure you know about the Schools in Delray, which a Realtor can not tell you very much about...

It is a beautiful community...good luck

Old 02-08-2015, 01:38 PM

9 posts, read 53,947 times
I am right there with all of you.. We are relocating.. Husbands job is in Boca.. near glades/Military... Considering Parkland, Lake Worth.. Boca.. House around 500..senior in high school and Freshman... Positives and negatives please.. things that I should think about.. Would I want to consider Wellington? or Lake Worth?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 3,957 times
Hello,
After 1 year since we posted in here, we have moved and everything went so smooth. Loved it in here, in Parkland.
I don't know much about FL yet, we have been here for only two months, however, after seeing several places we decided in Parkland. Bought a new home in Heron Bay, built by WCI. Impressed with neighborhood and quality of homes. I suggest do not decide before you see Heron Bay in Parkland. You should be able to find some homes around your price range here. Community is well established and low HAO fees. ($190.00/mo) Our 10 year old is OK with Park trail Elementary.
I am not able to compare with other places, cities yet.
Heron Bay is beautiful and elegant community.Me and my husband glad about the decisions we have made.
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida