Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 05:32 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It's never too late though I doubt the anti-government neanderthals who largely infest this state could care less and certainly can't be counted on to vote....whining and moaning about the after effects, yes however.

I have to agree, a stand now is better than no stand at all. When I was young fish swam in with the waves, now, there are none. There were these brightly colored clam like creatures in the sand, now there are none on the Atlantic side. I have seen a marked difference in the heath of our environment in my lifetime but that doesn't mean we should adopt the james Watt approach of "the second coming is going to happen so use up the resources".

For me I think it starts with lots of little steps.

Make your home more energy efficient
employ solar and wind power
electric cars

and vote out people that don't do what they can to help.

I have no interest in debating why a party thinks it is good to vote 43 times to repeal ACA. This is about FL representatives that are not helping FL, something they are being paid to do. My argument is valid for the other states too, but I don't live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
I am all for protecting everything natural Florida has ( proving one member here to be painfully wrong about northerner in all his trolling post ).

Most northerners are for keeping Florida history, nature etc so stop the total BS post about this at every chance you can get.

Now, I am for electing officials for the entire job, not just protecting a certain item or area. They should be doing their real job of doing many others things other then like a tree hugger would do and show up to only protect trees and make sure all those who wont work get housed, fed and hand outs given.

Since this topic is more political and not more about protecting Florida I think it will be controversial no matter which side you are on.

I vote based on full facts and vote right center to right on almost every issue. Therefore when I vote I will not do like some and vote solely based on what that persons thinking of a one track mind would vote like.

Vote for the complete package, not just to protect a tree or a rock like some people would.

Hopefully the winds are shifting nationally so we can free up some more money to help protect Florida over all from the spend and spend idiots who have most control over our lives right now.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
DEP surplus land sale plans axed:

DEP ends effort to sell $50 million worth of parks and preserved land | Tampa Bay Times

Quote:
Nine months after the Florida Department of Environmental Protection launched a review of its conservation lands looking for $50 million worth that it could sell as surplus, the agency is ending the program without having sold a single acre.
The next project for the state is selling off shuttered prisons, hospitals, and the like for redevelopment, which sounds like a lot better of a proposal- you're bringing in cash to the state for the sale up front and then getting it on the tax roles, encouraging brownfield redevelopment, and a lot of those old buildings have a lot higher value for human use than 50 acres of wetlands here and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida