Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times

Advertisements

Bringing this up again. I'm considering making the trip in March of this year maybe. I might go slow and take at least a month, so there are lots more towns that need locals to mention them! Even if I don't hit it, someone else might! So keep those suggestions of what locals love to do in your town coming...

And if you know of any safe, clean, cheap places to stay that you would recommend to your own family, mention those too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 08:59 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times
I was going back over these posts, and I notice that very few people around Florida have listed their favorite local beaches. Please, anyone who lives local to a beach, aside from the other things locals do there, please also mention which local beach (or access point) you think is the best!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:45 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
I was going back over these posts, and I notice that very few people around Florida have listed their favorite local beaches. Please, anyone who lives local to a beach, aside from the other things locals do there, please also mention which local beach (or access point) you think is the best!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6...5x2iGa8rLqVuwA

I have a video up showcasing my favorite beach (Picnic Island) as well as some other cool parts of Tampa. Enjoy!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 PM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Orlando/Central Florida

SKIP THE THEME PARKS! You can visit them anytime, for the "real" Central Florida must sees are:

Thornton Park/Downtown Orlando- take in Lake Eola, the Farmer's Market on Sunday to get a real feel for local Orlando. Stop in at one of the restaurants in Thornton Park for brunch, I recommend Dexters.

Park Avenue in Winter Park - great pedestrian strip with restaurants, boutiques, and just overall great people watching. Just about all the eateries here are good. Small museum on the north end of the strip and Rollins College on the south end. Both are very picturesque and worth seeing.

Mills 50 - An ecclectic mix of locally owned restaurants and bars. Also home to Central Florida Little Saigon/Asian District. Good authentic Asian food.

Loch Haven Park - Home to Orlando Museum of Art, Science Center and several smaller museums.

Wekiva Springs/Wekiva Island - old natural Florida. Take a swim in the ice cold springs or paddle down to Wekiva Island for an ice cold one at CFL's inland beach.

Downtown Sanford - recently revitalized it has great new beer gardens, restaurants and shops, and great views of Lake Monroe along the refurbished Riverwalk.

Mt. Dora - a picturesque little town along a large chain of Lakes. It's in the rolling hills of Lake County. You can take guided excursions out on the lakes as well.

Green Mountain Scenic By-way - great drive where you may even forget you're in Florida at times. Great views of the hills and in some areas you can even see the downtown Orlando skyline in the distance. Take plenty of pictures. You can also stop at beautiful places such as Bella Collina or Monte Verde Academy. Nearby Lakeridge Winery is also worth a visit.

Some of my favorite restaurants

4 Rivers BBQ, Hawkers, Pho Vinh, Antonios, Bosphorous, Pio Pio, Zaza, Oh Que Bueno, Kasa, Kohinoor, Izzaban Sushi, Shari Sushi, Roccos Tacos, Big Fin Seafood, Lola Sushi

Favorite Parks - Lake Eola, Crane's Roost Park, Blue Jacket Park, Sanford Riverwalk

Favorite Drink Spots - downtown, Lake Ivanhoe, Park Avenue, Sand Lake Restaurant Row.

For Mt. Dora, the downtown area surrounding the Donnelly/5th Ave intersection is great! Very walkable, lots of boutiques, great restaurants, bars, and a rather breathtaking view of Lake Dora. It's a surprisingly beautiful town center despite being in Lake County... Especially "that part" of Lake County.

For Altamonte area, I second Crane's Roost park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida