Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times

Advertisements

You need a place way out in the woods, a very, very expensive apartment development (although that is no guarantee either), or a place in a 55+ development. And yes, that is certainly a racist comment, but that seems to be the norm on this forum.

In my experience, blasting loud music is more related to education (not formal) and age, not culture/ethnicity. The Hawaiians do it, the Asians, the Whites and Blacks, etc. This I know from living in those cultures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 03:49 PM

131 posts, read 139,686 times
Michelle, noise ordinances are either enforced or they are not. You need to be careful selecting locations. If you want tighter enforcement you need to to live in a place that requires civility per contract under a Association. City nuisance laws are broad and time certain, example: (below 65db at 20 feet after 12am) where as a rental or lease contract can be written more specifically. The Tampa Bay area had just increased the Bar Times from 2 AM to 3 AM which translates into noise in motion an hour longer, so you can see where the trend is going.
Check the neighborhood, checkout the neighbors, make sure your lease agreement protects you from unwanted nuisance so you can have some legal recourse.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
And yes, that is certainly a racist comment, but that seems to be the norm on this forum.
Lol, I know, right? Why IS that? Most online forums I visit are pretty non-tolerant of racism, and hatred towards groups in general. But on C-D, and certainly in the Florida forums, racism, hatred of LGBT people, sexism... all of these are rampant! What is it about C-D that attracts these kinds of people, who are so angry at absolutely everything in life, and every group that is not their own so they have a scapegoat to blame? It's very odd, and I don't understand why it's tolerated here - it certainly is not tolerated on any other forums I visit on the internet.

I also find it odd how many people post blatantly offensive material here, and seem completely oblivious to the fact that it is offensive. How isolated is one's life that you've never had to consider other people's feelings before, or that making generalizations about groups of people is offensive? Racism hurts all of us as human beings, not just the one group it may be targeting. We are all just people, and creating imaginary divisions based on where people were born or what their skin tone is makes all of us feel more alone and distrustful, for no reason at all. People DO have different cultures and experiences, and color does exist. But none of those things dictate what an entire group will be like before you've even met them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida