Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like living in Florida?
I’ve lived here for most of my life, and I like it 17 19.32%
I’ve lived here for most of my life, but I dislike it 13 14.77%
I’ve moved here, and I like it 46 52.27%
I’ve moved here, but I dislike it 12 13.64%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times

Advertisements

I'm just trying to see how many dislike living here, especially when it comes to whether you've moved here or lived here for most of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:21 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,956 times
I picked moved here, but dislike it. But really, what I dislike is Miami. Many other parts of Florida seem nice and more suited to my lifestyle. Unfortunately, my job limits me to living in the Miami area.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:17 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times
I don't care for living in the state, but I LOVE living where I am in the state, which is the Florida Keys. If I was choosing the state of Florida as a whole in which to live, I would not likely choose it because I find it to be run more poorly than many other states in which I have lived. The state is also much more conservative as a whole than I feel comfortable with, and much more so than most areas in which I have lived. But, I love the tropics, and find that the Keys especially suit me really well, both in climate and in general culture. It's not the most efficient place government-wise, but it makes up for that in so many other things. I feel very lucky to live here, for however long I am able to in my life. At the moment, I don't ever want to leave, and am growing more attached to my neighbors, my community, my local environment, and the local culture and history every day. I don't regret my move to Miami for work - it was an exciting new experience, and I most certainly don't regret my move to the Keys.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
I have a love/hate relationship with this state. It's ok. It's certainly not as bad as some doom-and-gloomers make it out to be, but honestly, I'm ready to move somewhere more progressive. I do love how laid back it is here, but when (not if) we leave, I won't really miss it.

And god I miss mountains.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
I've lived here for most of my life, but I dislike it. My outlook of the state is tainted from having lived here for so long. I feel like I've missed out on things that I could've done had I lived in another state.

At the present time, for a number of reasons, I cannot "just leave". But if an opportunity were to present itself that would enable me to leave Florida, I would definitely go for it.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:25 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I definitely found raising my family here a lot easier/nicer then when we lived in Queens (NYC)...my kids like Florida too...I have visited many places and if money was no object...I would live in San Diego 8 months out of the year and Sag Harbor Long Island,NY the other 4...but that is a dream...

Old 10-10-2014, 06:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
I moved to Florida and disliked it then I moved away.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:03 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
I love living in Florida and raising my family here. Maybe it's because I've lived and traveled in so many other places and freely chose to live here that I do not feel trapped or stifled in the least, unlike some other people here. I've seen the grass on the other side and I want to stay here. I don't expect Florida to be like other places, to be something that it is not and cannot be. It's not perfect and it has it's foibles, but doesn't everyplace?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:15 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
We moved to Florida about 42 years ago and still love it. However, many folks do not seem to realize that there are some significant weather and demographic differences between different parts of this diverse state. For example, we moved from Central Florida (East coast) to the Panhandle about 3-years ago (grandkids). In the winter, the Panhandle is like living in South Georgia or Alabama, while Central Florida averages 15-20-degrees warmer (and South Florida, about 15-30-degrees warmer). Demographically, we now live in a 'tourist town' -- which is significantly different from our previous family-oriented area. Also, there are about 7-8 large population centers (jobs, amenities, etc) .... separated by large open spaces.

I mention these things because the perception of many on CD-Florida forum seems to be that Florida is "One big beach ... with Disney World and Sea World in the middle -- where it is always sunny and warm ... and jobs don't really matter."

Old 10-10-2014, 09:31 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I had to move away for a little while to realize how much I really like Florida. It's not that I disliked the other places, it's more so that I realized what I liked I could find here or help create here. But more importantly, I realized what I disliked about most other places was something that I was missing at home in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida