Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 AM

27,340 posts, read 44,409,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishernice View Post
I am moving to Florida from PA within the next month because I get very bored during the winter. I am a single male who likes to freshwater fish, read, and mountain bike. Also, I am a bit of a redneck. If I were to get settled down I would love to be within one hour of a WMA so I can hunt boar. I would rather bicycle around town than drive too. At first, I thought of Jacksonville and Orlando but the crime seems too high. Then, I looked into Okeechobee and St. Lucie but they seemed scarce on jobs. I don't think I would like Tampa, Tallahasse, or Miami. For work, I would most likely try to get into a Millwright Union or do something with the environment. Any suggestions anyone?
Check out towns like Winter Haven (commuting distance to the Orlando metro), or Brooksville (commuting distance to the Tampa metro). Both have that "bike into town" possibility and are the overall environment you're probably looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida