Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 04:02 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

you are a lot better than i. i'm a low-rent doofis type. broke, uneducated. ............. all because I'm republican and pro-military.

hey, did you spell "dialog" correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM

734 posts, read 920,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
NoVA is progressive, Fairfax county is the 800 lb gorilla that is helping paint Virginia blue, no matter how badly down state politicians jerrymander districts.

Florida is in a similar case where the population is more democratic, but republican politicians keep trying to bottle them into as few districts as possible. That way they get slaughtered in democratic districts and barely win everywhere else, but by doing so win more races.
Please. NoVA is not progressive. Liberal leaning, sure. Promoting some sort of dramatic social change in the name of liberal policy? Nope.

Alexandria/Arlington are way more progressive than Fairfax, and I still don't consider them progressive.

Fairfax is practically a mini police state.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM

I can have my 4 yr degree and be educated, but at the same time love God, the military, guns and lifted trucks... can I get an Amen?

Old 02-11-2015, 12:18 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Florida hates Muslims and Arabs its not that progressive a man to me lol

Old 02-11-2015, 12:24 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I can have my 4 yr degree and be educated, but at the same time love God, the military, guns and lifted trucks... can I get an Amen?

Amen, and amen!

Old 02-11-2015, 12:30 PM

172 posts, read 239,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
"Amen", "Hallelujah", "Thank You For Your Service", all basically the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantra

You can definitely have a 4 year degree and posses that world view, but that's more a commentary on the status of 4 year degrees than anything else.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:30 PM

What is your background Staugustine? You are the intellectual type I see! You probably have a very sophisticated job and so forth, making all kinds of money!

I'm just a lowly FL boy, all low rent and stuff. I cant believe I even got me a degree! I got this job that pays me real well, how did I even get hired?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:28 PM

Oh me? Aw, shucks.
I'm just an ole Golly-Gee-Willikers down-home boy from the Red State of Florida THANKYOUFORYOURSERVICE!

Intellectual?
Schmintellectual!

'Got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and this country boy can survive!

Yes sir, its guys like us out there really toe'in the line on freedom, standing up to the thugs! (<- we know what that word really means, ain't we! ) "

"IF YOU LIKE GOD, GUNS AND THE AMERICAN WAY YOU WILL SHARE THIS PICTURE OF A SKEPTICAL LOOKING EAGLE! PASS IT ON!"

CLICK "LIKE" TO STOP OBAMA FROM SHREDDING THE CONSTITUTION!

Old 02-11-2015, 05:05 PM

You're from FL? As in, born in FL? And you still live in the state (St Augustine I presume)?

I kinda pictured you as a History teacher, or maybe Literature? Drives a Prius. Probably from a state like Massachusetts.

Was I wrong?

Old 02-11-2015, 05:31 PM

I'm a FL Native.
I remember Florida before it was the haven for authoritarian, right wing retards that its since devolved into being really over the past 15 years. Back when we elected guys like Lawton Chiles. Not Rick Scott's.

I would post a picture of my old USPSA Card back when I used to shoot in the "A" class, but that would probably make your head explode.

I will "Out Florida" you every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Your kind of people make me sick and I wish you would all go back where you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida