Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 26,058 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for information from anyone who might know anything about Wewahitchka, FL. I've done some online research, but that's about it.

I'm familiar with NW Florida, Seaside, Seagrove, Destin areas, but I'd like to hear from anyone who knows anything about Wewahitchka from living there or being close by.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 03:16 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc13 View Post
I'm looking for information from anyone who might know anything about Wewahitchka, FL. I've done some online research, but that's about it.

I'm familiar with NW Florida, Seaside, Seagrove, Destin areas, but I'd like to hear from anyone who knows anything about Wewahitchka from living there or being close by.

Thanks!
I have a team member that might know about the area, I'm posting some links to give an idea of the location...

Wewahitchka, Florida (FL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

WEWAHITCHKA, FLORIDA - GulfCountyBusiness.com - former Official Site Gulf County, Florida Chamber of Commerce - Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe, Port Saint Joe, Wewahitchka, Indian Pass, White City, St. Joe Beach, Overstreet, Howard Creek, Simmons Bayou, (broken link)

Dead Lakes off SR 71 just north of Mexico Beach.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the links. I've found out what I can about the area online, but I'd like to know if there is anyone who knows about the community firsthand and the surrounding areas.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc13 View Post

Thanks!
ekkkkkkkkkkkk
wewa is kinda under tallahassee and above port st joe,
lots of trees and a common joke among floridians (wewa trailer trash). but i have seen many beautiful homes there.
do you wish to move there?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavethesharksalone View Post
ekkkkkkkkkkkk
lots of trees and a common joke among floridians (wewa trailer trash). but i have seen many beautiful homes there.

Possibly. I just don't much about it or the surrounding areas and it has been years since I have been to Panama City.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:47 PM

57 posts, read 330,840 times
My mother was born and raised there. Alot of her family is still there 'cept the ones that got out to find work and make a decent life for their families (please don't jump on me y'all..this is from family stories)
It's quite possible that I know all the wrong people but I wouldn't live there knowing the ones I know. There are some very old families there and they are 'tight' and leary of newcomers. Maybe it has changed?
Hopefully, someone that lives there will spot this thread and have some good information for you.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyNana View Post
My mother was born and raised there. Alot of her family is still there 'cept the ones that got out to find work and make a decent life for their families (please don't jump on me y'all..this is from family stories)
It's quite possible that I know all the wrong people but I wouldn't live there knowing the ones I know. There are some very old families there and they are 'tight' and leary of newcomers. Maybe it has changed?
Hopefully, someone that lives there will spot this thread and have some good information for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavethesharksalone View Post
ekkkkkkkkkkkk
I spent 19 months in Port St Joe and this is the general feeling I got about Wewa.
(It's usually referred to as Wewa rather than the entire name.)
Actually, some PSJ people who because of property taxes, could no longer afford to stay there did move to Wewa.
We went there for the Honey Festival, and I thought it was just lovely.
Tupelo honey is a famous product, and Wewa is indeed a tree-filled, inland community.
If you want to REALLY get away (and get cheaper housing costs) there is always Howard Creek--it's smaller than Wewa. map

Old 08-25-2008, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,309 times
Default Wewahitchka

I saw your question re Wewa Fl. I was born and raised there. All my family still lives there.....so I might be able to help you out with questions or whatever.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM

286 posts, read 1,231,719 times
If you're thinking about WeWa, have you considered Mexico Beach? It's close to Port St. Joe, and is about 30-40 min (if I'm remembering correctly) from WeWa. Houses aren't as expensive as they were a few years ago, and it's a beautiful little town right on the Gulf that's growing.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:40 PM

6 posts, read 32,280 times
Wewa's population has been growing lately due to a military presence makeing it's way out there...

Still considered a bunch of "backward hics" by the locals, but I could never see what was wrong with living out there...

And as said, Mexico Beach isn't as expensive as a few years ago... But then again, you won't get virgin waterfront property any longer either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida