Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM

499 posts, read 586,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
or drive in it, walk on it, live with it. If u havent done it you have no idea how disruptive snow can be.
Exactly! Walk a mile in my shoes, etc, etc.

Hey, OP - I see you just joined the CD forum in April 2015. Why don't you newbies do a little research before you post? All of you newbies are the same...coming in here, ranting and raving about the same old crap. Actually OP...you said it best - the bottom line is wake up! Stop posting here and causing problems for us locals! Post here and be a nice person and respect the CD way of life. If you want to complain and act like you are better that us then bon voyage and get on the next flight back to wherever it was you came from. We are fine without you, and we were here long before you rolled in to town, and we will be here long after you are gone.

Welcome to CD!

Wow OP, I only had to change a couple of words to turn your stupid argument into my argument. Do you see how obnoxious you sound? Based on your *brilliant* reasoning, you should stop posting your regurgitated BS IMMEDIATLY! and log the hell off of CD forever!

Old 04-19-2015, 07:19 PM

6 posts, read 5,172 times
ebn78 , I think your losing the battle.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:33 PM

242 posts, read 346,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bell View Post
edn78 I think you're losing the battle.
I am not fighting a battle, rather I am trying to inform all you disgruntled "my life sucks up north" Displaced Northerners or anyone migrating to my beautiful and endangered wildlife state to do so with viable financial backing or a high paying job! Have you ever heard of a J-O-B? As in WORK? It's what pays the bills if you did not learn that in grade school.

WELCOME TO FLORIDA IF you have a 6 figure job and your kids behave like well mannered children and not small animals out of the African jungles of Zimbabwe!

Don't hassle the locals or drive like you're stuck 4 feet of snow in a Manhattan traffic jam!

***MOD CUT***

Welcome to Florida!

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Flaming

Old 04-20-2015, 03:34 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
its usually b/c they'll do anything to not have to shovel snow.
I can see those of retirement age feeling that way, but some younger people soon find that they're trading one problem for another.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
I agree HarryWho. Trading in one bad thing (snowing all the time) for another bad thing (hot n humid all the time) just doesnt make sense to me but whatever. I get tired of the constant heat but I wont do the complete opposite and move to Minnesota.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
I agree HarryWho. Trading in one bad thing (snowing all the time) for another bad thing (hot n humid all the time) just doesnt make sense to me but whatever. I get tired of the constant heat but I wont do the complete opposite and move to Minnesota.
Exactly. It's like people never even consider that there is a middle ground.....

Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Middle ground?
Georgia doesn't get snow...unless it's a fluke, right?
Lots of beautiful warm coastline....move inland 45 minutes
and there's even MORE land!

Just an idea if you feel unwelcome in FL...if not from the residents, maybe
the sinkholes are not welcoming.
And why are there sinkholes (?)...because of the water issues!
FL has it's problems...
I don't want to move back, myself....besides the
prehistoric bug thing...and extreme humidity in the hot, hot summer.
Georgia has old world, historic class, also....like around Savannah!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:38 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Middle ground?
Georgia doesn't get snow...unless it's a fluke, right?
Lots of beautiful warm coastline....move inland 45 minutes
and there's even MORE land!

Just an idea if you feel unwelcome in FL...if not from the residents, maybe
the sinkholes are not welcoming.
And why are there sinkholes (?)...because of the water issues!
FL has it's problems...
I don't want to move back, myself....besides the
prehistoric bug thing...and extreme humidity in the hot, hot summer.
Georgia has old world, historic class, also....like around Savannah!
Whenever someone mentions inland Georgia, Deliverance comes to mind...

Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM

499 posts, read 586,762 times
Quote:
I agree HarryWho. Trading in one bad thing (snowing all the time) for another bad thing (hot n humid all the time) just doesn't make sense to me but whatever. I get tired of the constant heat but I wont do the complete opposite and move to Minnesota.
It's not really an accurate comparison. I know many of you are going to roll your eyes in disgust, but you really have no idea how bad it can be. The shear volume of snow and ice that has occurred during the winter months in 2011, 2013 & 2014 is beyond comprehension. When you have 5 or 6 feet of snow covering the ground, it is absolutely paralyzing. And its a snowball effect (pun intended) - you can't get to work, heck you can't even get to your mailbox, but it doesn't matter anyway because the mailman can't deliver the mail. Even the banks and courts close. It used to happen maybe once or twice a season, but now it literally happens every week, sometimes it snows heavily every 2 or 3 days for weeks and weeks at a time. (Boston had 40 foot piles!) The roads get narrow, there's no room to park, no place to walk, the grocery stores can't get deliveries, the pharmacies run out of medications, etc. You basically cannot plan anything more than 3-7 days in advance for the entire winter because you just don't know what the weather is going to do. Birthdays, parties, trips, business meetings, doctor's appointments, work, school...heck, even a trip to the post office or DMV on your day off to get your license renewed cannot be planned ahead of time. We lose days at a time here (work, school, business), week after week. The major cities and suburbs of NY/NJ/CT/MA were never meant to handle such severe weather conditions. If this is the "new norm" so to speak, many of us feel like we have no other choice but to leave.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
It's not really an accurate comparison. I know many of you are going to roll your eyes in disgust, but you really have no idea how bad it can be. The shear volume of snow and ice that has occurred during the winter months in 2011, 2013 & 2014 is beyond comprehension. When you have 5 or 6 feet of snow covering the ground, it is absolutely paralyzing. And its a snowball effect (pun intended) - you can't get to work, heck you can't even get to your mailbox, but it doesn't matter anyway because the mailman can't deliver the mail. Even the banks and courts close. It used to happen maybe once or twice a season, but now it literally happens every week, sometimes it snows heavily every 2 or 3 days for weeks and weeks at a time. (Boston had 40 foot piles!) The roads get narrow, there's no room to park, no place to walk, the grocery stores can't get deliveries, the pharmacies run out of medications, etc. You basically cannot plan anything more than 3-7 days in advance for the entire winter because you just don't know what the weather is going to do. Birthdays, parties, trips, business meetings, doctor's appointments, work, school...heck, even a trip to the post office or DMV on your day off to get your license renewed cannot be planned ahead of time. We lose days at a time here (work, school, business), week after week. The major cities and suburbs of NY/NJ/CT/MA were never meant to handle such severe weather conditions. If this is the "new norm" so to speak, many of us feel like we have no other choice but to leave.

I understand. I've never lived in really snowy/cold so I cant compare. I just would assume that its best to find a middle ground if you despise cold (or hot) weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida