Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:34 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times

Advertisements

I get along fine with most northerners that I've met, but I have seen this type of behavior in FL and NC. Both states have a lot of transplants. I've seen them berate store workers for things that are out of their control on several occasions. One of them is going to run their mouth off to the wrong person one day and get their teeth knocked out.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:05 AM

3,336 posts, read 2,138,222 times
I get a bit angry over both sides of the coin.

On one hand, I find it completely ridiculous for (mostly older people from the tri-state area) to expect constantly being treated as though they're the only ones in the world and/or have one foot in the grave but need to checkout at Walmart one last time before expiring. These types tend to live in some gated enclave with a home valued threefold what it's actually worth and then complain they're suddenly being ripped off at every turn once they've exited through the community gate for their daily spending excursion.

On the other hand, I've all but stopped paying for things with cash. Many of the cashiers I've encountered here outside of big metros or affluent communities are borderline unintelligible and struggle to make basic change even with the computer screen telling them what monies to return to the customer. I find myself shopping at stores in specific parts of my town where customer service isn't provided in the order of the line's skin color, where multiple employees aren't standing around with their arms crossed and a "come to Jesus" look on their face, and where it doesn't take 30-minutes or more to get a pound of lunch meat despite being the only customer at the counter.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:57 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I get along fine with most northerners that I've met, but I have seen this type of behavior in FL and NC. Both states have a lot of transplants. I've seen them berate store workers for things that are out of their control on several occasions. One of them is going to run their mouth off to the wrong person one day and get their teeth knocked out.
I feel the same way, I think biggger cities tend to have more impatient people. Of all shapes and sizes.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn78 View Post
Anyone wanting to move here should watch this brutally honest Documentary as a reminder of what Florida was in the very near past, and in some areas still is, even today. Our history is not all sunsets, leisurely walks on the beach with a Corona beer. If you move here, come with your 6 figure income, respect the locals, respect our beautiful wildlife and be prepared for hard times! If you are a homeless person or fugitive or schemer running from someone or something, your life here will be worse because people in Florida are extremely Leary and cautious of outsiders and generally shady people.

Welcome to Florida!

Yeah! Here's another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azf320JDdqU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida