Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 AM

440 posts, read 595,404 times

Advertisements

So this article popped up on my news feed on Yahoo today and thought it was pretty funny. Especially reading the comments users left afterwards. Its funny because even though all these crazy things happen down there, i still plan on moving down this Fall because like a couple other people commented about where i live (Cleveland), its not getting any better up here, and with all the nutjobs committing some sick crimes, we're not far behind FL with all the weird news, if anything we should be #1 in this category Anyways, i know FL gets a bad rep alot and is the butt of a lot of jokes, (which recently i've noticed Conan picking on you guys alot for some reason) but i think once someone finds their niche down there and just lives their life within their means, then they can trully find their paradise there. Plus it doesn't hurt that the weather is awesome there although i know others would disagree. Either way, just thought i'd throw this out there, enjoy!
Why does so much weird news come from Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,061 times
The state has a high transient population....along with this many immigrants.....

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Obviously transients also like the warm weather and the beaches,they also have the added benefit of looking just like any one else when they get down to their shorts on the beach.
C'mon down we're having the best times of our life in Fla.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 AM

652 posts, read 1,652,641 times
Florida is the 4th highest populated state after Cal, TX and NY. That's part of the reason.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
Florida is the 4th highest populated state after Cal, TX and NY. That's part of the reason.
but we are not talking about being the state with the 4th weirdest's news. I think its hilarious, especially because by the late afternoon this thread is going to be filled with posts with just hate towards the OP.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
but we are not talking about being the state with the 4th weirdest's news. I think its hilarious, especially because by the late afternoon this thread is going to be filled with posts with just hate towards the OP.
Well i would hope not! I don't have anything against FL, or else i wouldn't be trying to move down there! I just always hear the same thing up here though how people hate on FL, but yet where do they go on vacation in the winter?? I'm sure you can guess it
While i do believe that alot of the transients are to blame for the crazy things happening down there, i also believe everyone can control their own future if they actually TRY and not become a bum! I've known people that were unsuccessful here in OH and moved down there thinking their lives would change for the better, only to also fail and even end up in jail! But i've also known people who were successfull here and made it even better down there, so its all in how you make your life to be. Know what to expect and do your research and you should be able to live a good life. Just my way of thinking

Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,688,437 times
Well, between Casey Anthony, Trayvon Martin, Elian Gonzalez, the cocaine days of Miami, the boat ppl seeking refuge here from Cuba, Haiti, etc, the retirees, the tourists, the transients, the hurricanes.... weird stuff is gonna happen.

To me, it's whatever. My relatively normal life continues on in Florida despite the sometimes craziness the state projects to the rest of the country.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:43 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Well, between Casey Anthony, Trayvon Martin, Elian Gonzalez, the cocaine days of Miami, the boat ppl seeking refuge here from Cuba, Haiti, etc, the retirees, the tourists, the transients, the hurricanes.... weird stuff is gonna happen.

To me, it's whatever. My relatively normal life continues on in Florida despite the sometimes craziness the state projects to the rest of the country.
Well said!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Well said!
I 2nd that!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

I think some of your examples are just horrible crimes, not necessarily weird. The face eating zombie, the guy who choked to death in a roach eating contest, the girl who had a sensitive area of her body tattooed on video, some dumb rednecks fighting over a pork chop or some other cut of meat...the list is endless. Some people will claim this stuff happens everywhere, but we all know Florida is the weirdest place on earth. I think there is an annual top 40 list on the weirdness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida