Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:45 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,379,430 times

Advertisements

I have taken the bike week traffic into consideration and I think I can live through a week here a week there of traffic I would try to stay away from the beach area those weeks , but I dont want the daily grid lock that comes with larger cities like tampa or st pete.
I dont know how bad it is but I assume being major cities it would be pretty conjested.
I am leaning on daytona but nothing is written in stone yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,171,298 times
Thumbs up THe Northwest area

I experienced Satellite Beach for 4 year, used to live across from A1A in the South Housing area of Patrick AFB. The water is not as clear as the northwest area, the water is "murkier" and the surf a bit more challenging. In Navarre beach the water is more clear, white sand, at times the surf can be challenging but most of the time is clear and has an emerald tint....

I like our area beaches a bit more.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,379,430 times
I was thinking by moving to daytona I would be a a destination to friends who would need a place to stay for bike week or the races.....this might be a good thing or it could be a bad thing . I guess I will find out!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 AM

75 posts, read 474,928 times
The water in South Beach is Crystal clear with tiny waves... Blue...
Very nice... Water isn't nearly as nice further North... And the water stays very warm in MIA...

Beaches I've been to on the West Coast were horrible...
Marco Island, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Naples... Water was still and brown... I didn't feel comfortable swimming in brown water with sharks around..
Also, they have a lot of sewege problems... And it's just too dam boring in that area... And I'm not a party animal by any means...
NJ has nicer water then SW FL.. Just not the tropical landscape...

Never been further up the West Coast.. So I can't speak on that.. But I hear the Panhandle has really nice water.. Rival to MIA....

Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 AM

440 posts, read 2,427,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggsgsr View Post
The water in South Beach is Crystal clear with tiny waves... Blue...
Very nice... Water isn't nearly as nice further North... And the water stays very warm in MIA...

Beaches I've been to on the West Coast were horrible...
Marco Island, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Naples... Water was still and brown... I didn't feel comfortable swimming in brown water with sharks around..
Also, they have a lot of sewege problems... And it's just too dam boring in that area... And I'm not a party animal by any means...
NJ has nicer water then SW FL.. Just not the tropical landscape...

Never been further up the West Coast.. So I can't speak on that.. But I hear the Panhandle has really nice water.. Rival to MIA....
Have to agree with you on the Panhandle / Emerald Coast water. In our honest opinion, we've got some of the best beaches around. Check out some recent photos we took below -- note the color of the water:

Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 PM

190 posts, read 764,661 times
Why is the water brown along the southern west coast, is it pollution? Has it always been like that? I had visions of turquoise waters in that area, now I am bummed.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,233,247 times
I'm currently living in Panama City Beach and love the beaches here. These pictures were taken from my sister's vacation condo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/100_6114.jpg (broken link)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/100_6111.jpg (broken link)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/100_6113.jpg (broken link)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/100_6121.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by kahncss; 05-20-2008 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: adding more pictures

Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,171,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatny View Post
Difference W. Coast and Daytona - E. Coast. W. coast higher humidity and better seashells. I have not lived on the W. coast-cannnot really personally speak for it. Rent first and have a plan to go back to wherever you are coming from.

Check out: Daytona Beach is mentioned: most dangerous place to live 2005.-Has not changed by my standards by the way.
2005 Most Dangerous Cities To Live In - SecurityWorld.com (http://www.securityworld.com/ia-442-2005-most-dangerous-cities-to-live-in.aspx - broken link)

If you like tatoos, bikers, low paying jobs if any at all, transients, identity theft, nothing to do unless you like race cars, bad health care, high property taxes and crime - come to Daytona. From June-Oct. the weather is unbearable. I left NYC in 2002. I am going to get out of this rat trap as soon as I can-given family circumstances.

You must live in a rough area. It's taken you six years now to realize where you are, an environment you hate. Make the best of Volusia County, instead of concentrating on the negative aspects. You obviously don't hang at the beach. Maybe you should.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:12 AM

75 posts, read 474,928 times
Feces in the water doesn't help..... Plus u have all the canals and rivers emptying from the everyglades with the tides...

UPDATE: Feces in water? | WINK News - Southwest Florida | Local & Florida

Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 AM

541 posts, read 1,996,425 times
Here is Honeymoon Island State Park on the West Coast- no brown water that I see

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida